Chapter 8: Our First Autumn

Chapter 8

" One single thread of gold tied me to you " - Taylor Swift

•××ו

AUTUMN FALL; 4:56 PM FLASHBACK

Tired.

Yup, After working for twelve hours straight without even resting my back neither my eyes, my body feels like floating elsewhere. I felt like I'm in the verge of passing out. Under my eyes were full of dark circles, lips were almost similar to dried raisins. I deserve a rest, at least.

Out of sympathy, my boss eventually allowed me to rest these weekends, saying it was compensation for completing the project that was assigned to me. The shareholders' feedback was very amused with the company's proposal which was made by me. That's why the boss allowed me to rest for five days. What's more interesting is that he wouldn't cut my salary in those five days of rest.

Guess, he's really thankful after all.

Now, my body found its way to the rectangular bench, which I offered myself for I to sit through. I was holding a plastic bag between my fingers, as well as a few cents of groceries inside. Milk, biscuits, junk foods, vegetables, pork, and beef were also included.

The sun was slowly setting, as if like the moon was desperately waiting for its turn to shine. All I could care about was my famished stomach, all it could do was rumble and rumble until even I myself couldn't endure the hunger.

As I opened the milk carton that was on my palm, a flawless person in front of my sight was pacing back and forth in the middle of the street, as if he's carrying all the stressing conflict that was happening right this instant. I couldn't identify his problem. He's mumbling some words beneath his breath which is almost inaudible for a mere person like me.

He seems panicky in a quiet awful-manner?

He also seems cute; dimples were obvious along his face. Might as well will try to help this person.

" Hey!" I yelled, though to no avail he didn't respond to my greetings. I think he didn't even notice me.

He was busy sorting out his problems, or should I say complaining? He didn't even try to solve his issues. He only cried. Shedding tears although it wouldn't do him anything good. Eh? What's his problem though?

Running out of options, I decided to approach this chocolate brunette since he practically needs my help instead of solving his own issues. I tapped his shoulder as he confusedly looked at me, " Why are you crying? Do you need help?" Oh god, he's goddamn pretty!

He's crying out of nowhere, not out of pleasure of course. The most attractive part of his face is his nose, I guess? I could stare at it the whole night without even doing the maximum schemes.

" Khun, please help me " He clutched my arms with his tiny palms, sufficient for me to understand his state. Something severe probably happened?

" Where's your parents? You should brought them here"

He frowned. " Parents? As far as I know I'm already an adult " He pouted. Now that was really embarrassing...