Hiding

"We're going out tonight, are you coming?" My friend Jonathon Groff asked me.

"Where?"

"G. A. Y of course." He smirked, this was a favourite haunt of the cast since they'd come over to film. Jonathon and his partner Alex were always inviting me out and when it was just them, I accepted. Everyone knew I was pretty reserved and kept to myself which isn't actually true but I am avoiding a certain someone.

"Sure I'm in." Damn it, I just agreed without finding out who's going. Try to sound casual.
"Who's going Jonny?"

He scrutinised me for a moment before replying.
"Just me, Alex and Christian at the moment." He was watching for my reaction I could see but I couldn't help myself.

"Ok." I picked up my diary and began writing.
"Oh no, I forgot I have a zoom meeting at 7, it could run late." I try to keep a straight face, I know I'm being obvious.

"Nope." He says flatly.

"What?" I ask innocently.

"Why are you avoiding Christian?"

"What? I'm not." I know im busted.

"I'm not buying it, we've all seen it, Christian L walks in a room, you walk out."

"I don't." I sigh and he glares at me in annoyance.
"Ok fine, I do."

"Why though? Do you not like him? I thought it was impossible to dislike Christian Borle." He's bewildered.

"No I do like him. That's the problem." It takes a moment but realisation hits and a grin appears on his face.

"Oh! Well why does that mean your avoiding him? He literally thinks you hate him, he was asking about it this morning."

"He's got a girlfriend. I don't want to torture myself by being around him when I like him this much." I shrug.

"Wow so you really like him!" He's delighted, "and he doesn't have a girlfriend."

"What?" I snap my head up to look at him in surprise.

"He's definitely single."

"Are you sure?" I'm open mouthed at this point.

"I'm certain. And I'm also certain that you would be a good match, you have crazy amounts of stuff in common." He smirks at me, "your coming tonight. No arguments." I nod in agreement, still sat in shock.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"You look hot, I'm glad you didn't back out." Jonny grinned as we go in the bar to find Alex and Christian waiting for us.

"Hi, it's good to see you." Christian smiles at me and I smile back but find myself embarrassed and wondering how much Jonny told him.

"I didn't tell him anything." Jonny whispered in my ear as if he could read my mind.
I smirk and sit down on the stool next to Christian and accept the drink Alex already had for me, a whiskey chaser which I'm actually thankful for, downing the shot immediately in a bid to boost my courage.

"Your day been that bad?" Alex asked amused.

"Not really, I did find out some interesting information though which changed my perspective on something." I smirk at Jonny who is amused and trying not to laugh.

"Care to share?" Alex asked.

"Not yet." I glance quickly at Christian and he's just staring at me.

We chat happily for a little while before Jonny and Alex decide to go for a dance.

"Jonny told me you think I hate you?" I blurt out as soon as they left the table.

"Well yeah, you've been avoiding me like the plague." He looks embarrassed.

"I'm sorry I made you think that." I feel genuinely bad, I didn't think I'd been that obvious.

"Why have you been avoiding me then?"

"Honestly?" I feel ridiculous saying it out loud.

"Of course." He's intrigued and leaning forward in his chair.

"I thought you had a partner." I shrug, taking a long slow sip of my drink to stop myself fidgeting. He's confused, it's not clicked yet.

"Why would that mean you'd avoid me?" It seems to click as soon as he'd asked it but I feel obliged to answer.

"Well that would be to remove myself from a situation where I was uncomfortable."

"And why were you uncomfortable?" He knows now but he wants me to say it. His smile is reassuring but the way he's looking at me is something I've not seen before. Lust. I stare at him for a moment, trying to figure out if I'm right. He reaches up and brushes a few loose strands of hair away from my face and I instantly know I'm right. Shit! He likes me too?

"I was uncomfortable because I'm very attracted to you and didn't think I could do anything about it." I say it whilst holding his eye contact and he grins at me, biting his lip which sends a bolt of lust straight through my stomach.

"And now?"

"Jonny told me you're single."

"I am." He's really making me work for it.

"So how do you feel about me?"

"Jonny keeps telling me we have so much in common but I guess I'll have to find that out when I take you on our first date." He's asked me out. Sort of.

"When." I grin and he takes the phone I offer to put his name in.

"Tomorrow?"

"Sounds good to me." I grin and decide to take a risk, I lean in and kiss him softly. It stays soft and gentle for a few seconds but then he responds by taking hold of my hips and pulling my out of my chair to stand between his open legs. Damn he's a good kisser. I groan into his mouth and he holds me tightly to him, I could live here in this moment forever.