Stand in

"Lauren I don't get what this scene is, can you explain?" Christian says as we're stood on set. The main actress Emma whom he's been working with has already left for the day and it's now a long weekend but a handful of people were still shooting.

Oh shit. I've been meticulously avoiding him as much as I could but this evening it seems impossible, he's been asking me to help him for every other scene.

"Sure, which scene?" I walk over to him with the script in his hand. He's watching me closely, he always does this and it always makes me uneasy around him. I have the world biggest crush on him but I know he's got a girlfriend so avoiding him seemed to be the sensible thing to do.

"This one, I can't visualise what I'm meant to do." Oh god, he's talking about an intimate scene.

"Ah ok, yeah it's a bit to remember." I chuckle awkwardly, "so you have to put your hand on the back of her head and use your body to gently push her back against the wall, then sort of cage her in with your other hand on the wall by her head, making sure you keep one knee between her legs. Does this make sense?" Christian is really staring at me and I'm trying my best to physically gesture and show him without having much eye contact.

"Hmmm, I'm not sure. Could you show me?"
My brain explodes. I cannot be that close to him.

"Erm, really? Emma went home already." I squirm in my skin.

"Lauren, can you stand in, direct Christian through the scene so he knows it for when Emma is here." The director Jane asks me, knowing I wouldn't be able to refuse her I sigh.

"I'm just the writer Jane, I'm not an actress." I attempt to protest.

"Doesn't look like you have to do much acting." She smirked at me knowingly for a brief moment, "just direct him what to do." Bugger it, now I feel cornered.

"Ok." I turn back to Christian and feel like a puddle already and he's not even touched me yet. Oh god, you'd think at 38 I'd have learned to control my emotions but nope!

"We have to be close to the wall to start with so move over here." I reach out to take his arm to direct him but change my mind and gesture instead. Less time touching him is less time dying of lust and frustration.

He seems to catch this move but does as I ask.
"Ok remember you've just been having an argument and you're in the heat of the moment staring at each other, anger mixed with lust and then you react. You get her in the position and say the line then wait for her to react, basically he's a good guy so he's waiting for permission before he kisses her." I reel this off without looking at him, gesturing wildly with my hands and finally glancing up at him to see if he's listening. He is. Intently. And he nods in acknowledgment.

"Ok." I take a deep breath and sigh out loudly in resignation."

"Sorry, it seems being around me makes you irritable, you are the writer though so I kinda have to ask you for guidance." He shrugs.

Shit. My head snaps up to meet his gaze.

"What? No it's not. You don't." I stammer over my words, horrified suddenly at his words.

"It's fine, we don't all get on with everyone although it is a shame as we seem to have so much in common." He shrugs seeming a little crestfallen.

Double shit! Oh fuckedy fuck fuck, I'm gonna have to explain to him aren't I.

"Shit." I sigh barely out loud making his eyebrows rise in surprise.
"It's not what you think. Can I explain later?" I look directly at him in the eyes pleadingly.

His surprise is evident at my sudden eye contact and he holds my gaze for a few seconds considering what I just said before a slow smile creeps over his beautiful face. I know I'm blushing now, I can't seem to break the eye contact though.

"Of course." He still isn't looking away.

"Okay thanks, so on with the scene." I look down breaking the eye contact finally and I know that I'm bright red, he's probably guessed already. I'm a walking neon sign for how I feel about most things which is one of the reasons I'd avoided him unless we'd been in a large group, I knew I'd never be able to hide it.

"Tell me what to do." He says quietly.

"Okay, it's a fast move so it might seem awkward at first but once you get the hang of it, it'll flow better." He's nodding along as I speak, a hint of a smile that's incredibly distracting. "First put your hand behind my head so your knuckles will hit the wall and protect my head, then use your body to press against mine to push me back to the wall and put your other hand on the wall by my head, keep your body close and touching but not so much that it means I can't move away if I wanted to, remember your knee has to go between my legs and then say your line. Got it?" I ask and he nods, his look now dark and brooding and incredibly sexy. I'm aware that I must look rather flustered but he's being very professional.

"Ready?" He asks and I nod. He moves quicker than I expected and I'm against the wall with his body pressing against me in the blink of an eye, his leg pressed between my legs and I let a ragged breath out, lust raging through me.
I only just remember I'm supposed to drop my gaze and he says his line slowly, forcefully and almost in a growl.
"Get. Your eyes. On me." I lift my gaze to meet his and I'm lost in the moment, feeling him so close.

He's got a girlfriend remember. A voice in my mind screams and I clear my throat, drop my gaze and push back on his chest slightly, he immediately steps back.

"That was good, you got it first time. See you later." I dash off quickly to my office and lock the door.

"Shit. Shit. Shit!" I groan and sink into my oversized super comfy office chair. What am I meant to do now? A couple of tears drop onto my cheeks before my office door flies opens and closes again quickly. I bolt up in the chair to see Christian stood there. Shit, I thought I'd locked that!

"What was that? Why did you run off like that?"

His stance is commanding and I just feel like throwing myself at him.

"Christian it's not a good time right now, can you just." I stand up and gesture to the door.

"No chance." He comes over to me and dashes the tear off my cheek, "talk to me. Maybe I read too much into everything but I thought we had a moment."

"Christian, there are no moments to be had, you have a girlfriend." I blurt out. He takes a step back in surprise.

"Do I? I'd love to meet her." He chuckles.

"What?" My head snaps up to meet his gaze again. His words shock me.

"I'm single. Is this why you've been avoiding me?" He bites his lip and I have to bite back a moan.

"What about Skye?" I saw photos of them only days ago on a red carpet.

"She's my best friend. And she's a lesbian." He smirks at me, stepping closer. My jaw drops in shock as my brain processes this information.
"I really like you Lauren, if I'm not mistaken and I could well be, I think you like me too?"

He likes me? Did he just say he likes me?
He shuffles a little nervously and it seems to wake me up from my daze.

"You're not mistaken." A grin now on my face to match his.

"Thank god for that, could've been awkward then." He chuckles, "so can I take you out on a date?"

"Yes." I say without hesitation.

"Tonight?"

"Yes." I laugh and he grins.

"Good, this was easier than I expected. One last question I hope you might say yes to."

"Go on?" I'm intrigued.

"Can I kiss you?" I blush as I grin.

"Anytime you want." I smirk as he steps closer to me.