Chapter 4: Issei

It's been a week since Y/n had officially joined the ORC and was training with Kiba to increase his speed, and learn some tricks with a sword. Kiba was getting tired, yet Y/n was still energetic and bouncing up and down.

"Man, this training is nothing like the kind Gramps gave me," Y/n exclaims, shocking Kiba, "He really doesn't hold back one bit!"

"Who is your Grandfather that you're talking about Y/n," Kiba asks, he must be pretty strong.

"Oh he's not actually my Grandpa, but I call him my Grandpa since he helped my dad a really long time ago," Y/n explains to him, "I haven't seen him in a while, but he might increase my training since I've slacked for the last month now."

"That doesn't sound good," Kiba sweats, "Are you sure he isn't a monster?"

"Eh, who cares, he's my gramps," Y/n says with a smile.

Rias walks over to the two of them and smiles, "It seems like you're faster than Kiba, and have a higher stamina pool than him."

"That's a good thing too," Akeno seemed to be pleased, "You could do quite a lot with stamina like that."

"Down girl," Rias orders, smiling at her antics, "But I suppose you can come and watch us deal with a Stray Devil that we've been asked to kill."

"A Stray Devil? Sure, I'll go with you," Y/n says with a smile.

Rias nodded as the rest of the ORC gathered around her, "Then let's go. We don't have any time to waste."

A crimson magic circle formed under the group, and teleported them to what looked like a sewer entrance.

"The Archduke said that swerve workers were worried about coworkers going in yet never coming back out," Rias explained, "That's when his soldiers detected the corrupted Demonic energy coming from the sewers. Our job is to corner and either capture or eliminate it."

Y/n smiled, "Then let's go. We don't want to keep the Archduke waiting."

As the group walked into the sewers, Y/n ripped up his sweater, and made makeshift masks to block the smell for the Peerage. It would soon be enough for the Peerage to think twice about going further, had they not gotten the masks from Y/n. As they pressed on, Y/n could feel a sinister feeling within the tunnels, following them.

"Y/n, I want you to watch how my Peerage fights a battle," Rias tells him without looking back, "I won't necessarily bench you, but I will have you act as a pawn."

"Right," Y/n nods, before hearing the liquid sloshing around behind him, "Is that him?"

The liquid formed into a giant monster with blazing red eyes, sharp bloody fangs, and a foul scent to go with it. There were remnants of sewer worker uniforms and helmets within the monstrous body of sewage. 

"Who dares enter my domain? Have you pretty ladies come to pleasure me," the being asked, eyeing everyone.

"We have not, you have run from your master, hidden yourself away, and killed innocent humans to feast on," Rias announced, "As the Heiress of the House of Gremory, I hereby sentence you to death."

"So you are the Gremory bitch," the monster roared, "I will gladly capture you and your friends, and violate you before sending your corpse to Sirzechs!"

"Ara, how vulgar," Akeno said with a smile, "Shall we begin then Rias?"

"Y/n, watch Koneko, since she is the rook."

The monster swung its giant arm, with a boulder for a hand heading straight for Koneko. Y/n had read in the Devil Book that Rooks had both high defense and attack capabilities. It was at the cost of speed sadly. The rock hand seemed to be met with a fist, Koneko's fist. It cracked and broke into pieces as both hands collided with each other. Koneko's only damage was her sleeve with a tear in it from the rubble, Koneko backed up quickly as its liquid hand tried to grab her.