Chapter 7: A Trip to Dressrosa

The next day arrived quickly and Y/n woke up with the sun shining in his face. He wanted to stay in bed because of the events from last night. The strange part about this morning, his bed was warmer than usual, just like the other night. This caused him to shrug and bury his face into his pillow again.

He would've fallen asleep, had it not been for his mother calling up to him, "Y/n breakfast is ready!"

This message was sent to both his mind and his stomach, causing him to quickly get up and slide down the banister of the stairs. Once he jumped off, he landed on his feet and took his seat. Both of his parents were surprised about how agile he had gotten, and smiled at each other.

"You've gotten agile all of a sudden," his mother called out to him, "is it food motivated?"

"Reminds me of how we met," his father said with a sigh, "Oh how I wish to see those days again."

"Oh please, I can still do all of that," his mother sounded offended.

"Mom, dad, what are you talking about," Y/n asked in between bites of his food.

"Oh just that your mother and I had met in a place far far away from here," Y/n's father answered with a smile, "My home was like royalty, yet I didn't want it. Hers was free and that's all I ever sought. But nowadays we have to work in order to keep up the bills and you."

"Let's not forget Gramps, he helps Y/n train," his mother brings up, "I'm just surprised that he hasn't been around in a while."

Y/n swallowed his food, "Do you two have any idea where he might be?"

"Oh we have several ideas," his father answered, "But we can't seem to find him there."

"Oh, that's sad," Y/n said looking down before taking another bite, "So good! Oh mom, Akeno wanted to come by and pick up a few tips on cooking. She cooks for the ORC and that includes me as well since I'm a part of the club."

"Of course, she's welcome to stop by at any time," his mother smiled with agreement, "Just let her know that I won't tell her everything. She will have to grow on her own."

"Right."

Once Y/n finished his food, he brought his dishes to the sink and washed them. As he did, his thoughts were brought to the letter in his room. He had his mind set on opening it today, and nodded his head. He walked upstairs after finishing the dishes, and grabbed the letter in his hand. He closed his door and quickly used his flames to open up the letter in his hand.

"Now let's see what's on here that gave Rias and Sona a bit of a fuss," Y/n spoke to himself, pulling out the piece of paper. Unfolding it, he read what it said.

"To the reader of this invitation,

You have been cordially invited to the Kingdom of Dressrosa, by either our King, or one of his advisors. This invitation lasts until you die, so please make the most of your time in this Kingdom. When you arrive in Dressrosa, please enjoy the sights across our Kingdom and we hope you get to meet our King soon.

Inside the envelope you will find the instructions on how to create a portal to our Kingdom for a quick journey to one of the ports of our Kingdom.

We hope to see you soon.

Sincerely,
The Head Advisor of the King, Trebol."

Y/n put the letter down and nodded his head, "Well this will be quite interesting."

He looked inside the envelope, and saw a second piece of paper neatly folded and tucked inside. Once he pulled it out, he could already see instructions for how to draw the portal. After reading it once he realized it needed to be drawn as a Magic Circle, and needed a drop or two of his blood.