Lust to Love to Loss

I woke up to the sound of thunder. I sat up and looked at my clock. 8 am. I was finally waking up at a normal time for me. I walked to the bathroom, did my business, brushed my teeth, then went down the stairs to the kitchen. When I sat down I realized Natalie was awake, probably from the thunderstorm, and watching 'Teen Mom' on MTV. I rolled my eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if she were on there one day with the way she had been acting. I ate my cereal quietly not wanting her to hear me, give a dirty look, then leave. When I was finished, I returned to my room upstairs. Well today was going to be a lazy day, I didn't think the rain would let up anytime soon. I dressed in cropped sweatpants and an Aeropostale t-shirt and grabbed my journal. I sat at the desk and poured my heart on to its pages. About Noah, Harry, Natalie, Rachel, my mom. Everything from the past few days went on those pages. I cried and my tears dripped onto the pages. I came back to reality when my mom called me.

"Come down here Corrine!" Ugh. I went to the bathroom quickly and splashed my face with cold water. I walked downstairs and saw my mom standing there with the rest of my family with raincoats on. Oh god.

"Get ready to go out in public. Wear something that slims you so you don't look like a sumo wrestler with this raincoat on. We're going shell hunting on the beach." I rolled my eyes;

"Are you kidding me?! It's pouring. There's thunder."

"Fine don't go. Give me your phone. You don't get it back until 10 tonight." I let out a sigh and rolling my eyes, I handed her my iPhone 5.

"Whatever." I mumbled and walked back upstairs. Little did she know I still had my iPod. I opened up my text plus and texted Harry. I had his number on my iPod because I knew my mom would take my phone at some point.

'Hey grounded from my phone till ten.'

'K see you at 11.' I sighed last night was so awkward. Hopefully it wouldn't still be raining by the time came around to go onto the beach.

It was 10.

"Here and no more back talking." My mom said handing me my phone.

"I wasn't back talk-"

"You're pushing it, Corinne." She rolled her eyes. I went up to my room bidding everyone goodnight. I changed into my swim suit and put some sweats on top. I pulled on a light Aeropostale shirt and my raincoat on top. After pulling on some flip flops I waited. It was only 10:20 so I checked my Facebook and such. Seeing as it was now 10:45, I got ready to go. Just as I was about to open my windows the flash of lightning followed by the roar of thunder shook my aunts vacation home and I sighed. I probably would not be able to go outside without being struck by lightning.

'Hey I don't think we should meet up tonight, Harry.'

'Why?'

'Um it is pouring and there is lightning...'

'Valid point....' I got into pajamas and climbed into bed. We could just meet up tomorrow night. I thought about him as I fell asleep, not realizing that I was really thinking about him like that.

I woke up still hearing the light patter of rain on my window. I hoped that it would stop soon but the rain was relentless. It rained for four more days, so I was stuck with my snotty cousin and bitchy mom for four days. I wanted to talk to Harry and relieve my stress but there was too much rain. I tried going out one night but was soaked by the time I got on the ground. I was starting to realize how much I missed Harry's soothing words. My mother continued to nag me about my weight and Natalie continued to hide icy words in the few sentences she said to me.

Finally, after a long four days, the rain stopped and an uncomfortable humidity settled over the Hamptons. I anticipated tonight, I discovered how much I needed Harry's company. I wanted to see him and now that we hadn't seen each other in four days the stress had built up and I needed to vent.

I was waiting in my room for total silence to settle over the house. I put my suit on with sweats on top, flip flops on my feet. I waited for a few minutes to make sure everyone was asleep before texting Harry.

'On my way! Can't wait to c u!'

'Ikr! C u soon! :)' I climbed out of my window. I walked down the beach shining my flashlight to avoid stepping on anything sharp. I found the familiar meeting place and shined my flashlight around, looking for Harry. My light went over him and we stood there, staring at each other not knowing what to say. He advanced towards me and I froze as he pulled me into a deep embrace. I melted into his arms and hugged him back. I pulled my head back and looked into his eyes. Before I knew what was happening, his lips were on mine. At that very moment I knew what I wanted. Him and only him. I kissed him back with a great intensity, I was even surprised with myself. I felt his hands drop to my waist and I melted at his touch. I soon felt his tongue trace my bottom lip and I opened my mouth to let him explore. A soft moan escaped my lips when I felt his hands pulling my sweatshirt off, momentarily breaking our kiss. I still had my bathing suit top on and feeling his hands running up and down made back gave me chills. He pulled back and smiled at me.

"I was waiting for you to finally give up and kiss me back instead of trying to hide your feelings for me." He said smiling. I laughed and kissed him lightly. We sat on the beach and watched water as I snuggled into him. He stroked my hair as he spoke;

"Want to go for a swim?" He asked.

"Sure." I said standing up.

"I assume you brought your suit?" I chuckled.

"Yes I did." I said. I took off my sweatpants and looked at him. "Turn around."

"Why?"

"I don't think I want to wear it tonight." He smiled.

"Then you turn around too."

"I see how you are." I said with a smile. I took off my suit slowly, heavily doubting myself. I grabbed Harry's hand, knowing that nakedness was not something outside his comfort zone but for me it was. I had never voluntarily been naked in front of a guy. We walked into water up to our chests and he pulled me into an embrace. I snuggled into his chest, soaking in this moment.

We walked back to the beach and I slipped my sweats back on. He picked me up bridal style and carried me home. He put me down at the bottom of the trellis. He kissed my lips softly and hugged me.

"Goodnight love." He whispered.

"Goodnight." I said climbing the trellis. When I laid down in my bed, a depressing thought haunted my mind. We had two months to build a strong relationship, but after that, we would both end up walking away heartbroken, probably never to see each other again. I fell asleep knowing this very well but hoping we could be everything a couple could be in a few years. I had hope, lots of hope.