EPILOGUE

Third Person's POV

"Where are you taking me, abhi? And why didn't we bring Rhea along with us?" Akshara asked. They both were on their way to some place that Abhimanyu's had planned just for the two of them. It was a very difficult task for him to keep it as a secret for a whole week, which also included bribing Rhea to keep her mouth shut so she couldn't spoil the surprise.

"That's too many questions, Akshara." Abhimanyu shook his head with a chuckle, and Akshara frowned at him.

"But why aren't you telling me anything? You know how curious I am!" She said with puppy eyes so that he could at least give her a hint about where they were going.

Abhimanyu moved his one hand from the steering wheel and held Akshara's hand in soft grip. He caressed her knuckles lightly, trying to calm down her anxious nerves.

"Just be a little patient, baba. I'm sure you're gonna love what I've planned." Moving her hands towards his lips, he placed a gentle kiss on the palm of her hand as his lips lingered on her hands for a few good seconds before he again moved their hands on her lap.

After 15 more minutes, they finally reached their destination. Abhimanyu decided to be a typical gentleman for the whole night as he got out of the car and quickly opened the door for Akshara to come out of the car. He took a good look at her and got mesmerized, seeing how heavenly she was looking in that black saree.

"You're looking really hot." Abhimanyu complimented as he came closer to her, making her cheeks turn to the shade of maroon.

"T-thank you." She looked down in order to hide her shyness.

"Shall we?" Abhimanyu forwarded his arm towards Akshara, and she held it by both of her hands as they entered the garden.

"Abhi, this whole place is so beautiful and cosy. Why haven't we been here before?" Akshara was now totally in awe of that place.

"It's only for special occasions." He whispered in her ear, causing her to shiver at their closeness.

"I need to make a call. Excuse me for a second." By saying this, he left her alone in the middle of the garden, and she frowned at his behaviour.

Akshara was sitting there all alone when she saw little lights flicker all around the garden.

She stood up from her position and saw the whole scenario in an awe. She was mesmerized by the beauty of those lights and the light sound of melody, which was probably playing somewhere at a distance.

All of a sudden, she felt a wave of cold air hit her neck as her hair was brushed back, feeling goosebumps rise on her skin.

She turned her head slightly, flinching a little when Abhimanyu's arm sneaked around her waist as he pressed a soft kiss on her neck, causing her to turn around and look at him in the eye.

"Akshara?" he whispered, causing a shiver to run down her spine.

He then gently separated himself from her and got down on one knee in front of her with a red velvet box in his hand, making her gasp in shock.

"Trust me, I made a whole ass speech but you know how good I am with remembering things, right?" he said, causing her to chuckle.