Prologue

“Love is roses and unicorns.”

"I always keep a gun with me in case I accidentally bump into him on a Tuesday afternoon.... Or ever."

—Michelle Kane

"I never wasted my time in finding her because I know destiny would bring us together. I might not believe in God but I believed in Devils. I was his favorite child and he would help me get my old toy back."

—Cruz Parks

"A relationship bound on the pillars of hatred was stronger than any other relationship."

•'•'•'•'•'•'•'•'•

"Every time I breathed, his horror filled my lungs.

Every time I closed my eyes, he appeared in my nightmares.

Every time I had a moment of peace, his presence washed over me.

Every time I fell he was ready to walk all over me.

Every time he smiled, I wanted to make him cry.

Everytime he laughed, I wanted his life to be on my mercy.

Every time he touched me, I felt disgusted.

Until I didn't."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

She was both hell fire and holy water at the same time.

Angel and Devil
Sin and Prayer
Good and Bad
Sweet and Bitter
Sinner and Saint

And look how twisted the game was, I only awakened the worst parts of her.

I was ready to make her pay for all the times she had raised a finger on me. For all the times she had threatened me. For all the times she had give me a taste of defeat.

This was not about love. I am 500 percent sure we are not about love. It's bullshit that you could fall in love with your enemy.

I could only fall in love with the way her body shook against mine when I was so close and the way fear shone in her eyes because of me. I could only fall in love with the way her body looked brighter when it was covered in blood.

She was my toy. The one I loved in red.