10

«Cruz»

"Aren't you my bro?" I gripped Dean's wrist harder so he doesn't run away.
He shook his head shamelessly.

"No dude. Who are you? Let me go. A person who I can't stand is coming inside in a few seconds and I need to leave this place." He wriggles his wrist but when I don't leave him, he pokes my waist.

Since I am tiny bit ticklish, my grip loosens and he quickly rushes towards the door.

"Hey, take me with you—" But Dean is already out of my sight.

What kind of friends did I make?

The bitch looked out for himself. Selfish!

Even I can't stand the person who enters through the VIP room door and sits in front of me five minutes later.

"You attract all the bad things, don't you?" My father says. Oh, wouldn't it be better to ask how I am doing, instead?
Bad communicator, dad! 

In a matter of few seconds the room gets filled with bodyguards and there's no space to breathe.
I have always hated this lifestyle. There is never privacy but after a lot of convincing, arguing, and fighting I moved out from the house hoping I'll never have to see these statutes of darkness again but I keep forgetting that these are my roots.

Very unfortunately, I was born in a household I'll never consciously choose for myself.
I wonder if things would have been different had mom never left.

"Genes," I don't even know why I say that but at times like these I tend to speak a lot of truth.

He heaves out a sigh instead of saying the words.

Although, I hear the words that hang on the tip of his tongue.

I don't know why you are my son. If you weren't.....

"One thing, Cruz. One damn responsibility. And it is to keep yourself safe. You can't do that even?" I am so not in a mood for this shit.
And I can see the same on his face.

I grab a glass of water from the stand. I wish it were alcohol. It would have made it easier for me to tolerate this man.

"If you are done with your taunts, you can leave from that door. I want to rest." I point at the door putting the empty glass away, leaning on the headboard.

I was never this disrespectful but it takes seconds, literally just seconds to change as a person.

He grits his teeth and this is when I know I have finally gotten on his nerves and the mask of his patience is going to drop in the next few words.

"I am not here to taunt you. Your life matters to me. You're the heir of The Parks Empire. Your safety has now become my responsibility since you can't seem to take care of yourself. You don't realize it but you are a very important person because you are Maximo Parks' son."

I rub a hand down my face, already looking so done with my father's little speech.

Business is all that matters, right!

His reputation, his heir, his money and him.

I bet this accident caused a huge chaos out there in media and my father must be seeking sympathy in public. He loves acting like the most innocent man alive when we all know the truth... Oh no! Nobody knows his truth.