08

«Cruz»

There has to be something wrong with me. Normal people wouldn't feel this urge to smash their father's head while having a family dinner.

I gripped the glass taking another sip of the cold water attempting to cool down my nerves.

The attempt failed miserably.

"Business runs in your blood, son. Even the universe gave you the sign."

The sign did quite a damage to my leg, my dreams, my passion and my heart.

"Always knew, my blood is dirty since I am your son." I retorted eating the dishes that tasted like cardboard.

There was no one in this world who could talk to Maximo Parks in that tone except me. I knew he hated it but he couldn't do anything because after all I was his blood. He knew exactly how he raised me... He didn't at all.

My father lacked taste buds.

He glared at me, shifting his gaze back to his pretty to-be trophy wife.

His expression changed in a fraction of a second. He smiled keeping his hand on hers.

Someone take me away from here.

"Don't mind him. He has a foul mouth but good at heart..."

"I guess..."  He muttered but I heard him anyway.

The purpose of attending this formal family dinner was just food and now looks like it has gone in vain since what I am eating tastes like shit.

"So, do you have a girlfriend, Cruz?" I choked on cardboard because of her sudden irrelevant question.

I have met Cecilia before. She is such a suspicious person. Always so happy and careless about everything. It makes me question every time what goes in her brain.

Cecilia was a prettily messy looking thirty-three years old woman.

I don't understand why she was marrying my father. I wondered if she loved him or if it was all a show for his money and fame.

Latter made more sense to me.

Of course, it was money. I refuse to believe that this woman loved my father. Nobody can love him. There's nothing about him to love. He is made of ugliness.

"Excuse me?" I looked at her with a straight face.

She grinned.

"Girlfriend, Cruz? You have the looks of your father. You definitely have a girlfriend, don't you?" I narrowed my eyes staying silent.

What exactly was she trying to do?

Asking me personal questions? Interfering in my life? Who gave her the right to do that? She was no one in my life.

"If you guys are done wasting my time, I would like to leave now." I pushed my plates away standing up and ready to bolt out of this restaurant.

"Sit back down, Cruz. I am not done talking." My father spoke in his authoritative voice.

I locked eyes with him challenging him to make me follow his orders.