A new start

Gladstone was feeling excited. That morning of the 15th December couldnt start better. An appointment with his weird cousin, sure she'll bring him an unexpected occasion of luck. Then, the same afternoon, the lottery of Duckburg which the 1st prize was an amazing Lamborghini.
Gladstone admired himself in the mirror for a while before getting out, jump in his brand new sport car and drive the 120 km to his cousin.

In the same time, Shamrock was very nervous. His mother told him to skip school and filled his backpack and another suitcase with all of his clothes and many toys. She even putted a few hundred dollars in a small pocket of the backpack.
Shamrock looked at his father that morning, for maybe the last time. The man simply greeted him like every morning before going to work. Sad.
- Come on, let's go. - with a little smile, the mother of Shamrock took his hand while leaving the house. Shamrock turned to look at that small terraced house, between others that were exactly the same, like a billions of others. The small garden in the front, the grey door and the grey windows. Shamrock had a strange positive feeling. He will never miss that house cause it wasn't been an home for him.

His mother was walking slowly without talking.
- Where are we going?- Asked Shamrock.
His mother didn't answer she just holded his hand tighter.
- You don't want me anymore, right? Answer me!- Shamrock stopped to walk, pretending that his mother looked at him, pretending honesty from her for the first and maybe last time.

- Shamrock, I...- the lady looked deeply into her son's eyes and she didn't want to be brutal.
- I want you to be happy. You will be. Let's go. -
Shamrock followed her in silence since she greeted a guy on the other side of the road. Shamrock recognized him, he was an uncle from Duckburg, he saw him time ago and they had a very good time together.
Gladstone putted his nice green jacket better and got out from the car, smiling. He noticed that Shamrock grew up a lot and that he looked like him.

Shamrock was happy to see his uncle. He was always kind with him. Shamrock followed the conversation between his uncle and his mother.
Gladstone couldn't believe on what his cousin was saying, she looked almost mentally ill. How she could dare, just leaving her son like he was a package? Not fair at all. His self control was strong enough to keep himself calm, then he looked at the poor Shamrock. He actually didn't know him, what he liked, his personality, his abitudes...nothing at all. Gladstone knew just that kid means work and responsibilities...and everyone knows how Gladstone hated both of those things.
- I don't mind if you don't bring me with you...- said Shamrock- no one does it.-
Gladstone looked again at him, hugging his peluche, that cute sad face. And then his arrogant, stupid cousin. Then he finally said:
- Don't worry. I'll take care of you.-
He opened the door of his nice car, putting the suitcase and the backpack inside. Shamrock was excited.
- There are money in the pocket of the backpack...- Gladstone heard his cousin said it. He grabbed the money from the bag and he throwed them into her face.
- You will take care of the money better than what you did with your son.-
Without any other words, he jumped into the car, waiting for Shamrock.
- Goodbye mum...- sighed Shamrock.
- Bye...- his mum was busy collecting the money from the ground.
Shamrock didn't look back anymore. He just turned to his uncle and smile. Feeling loved for the first time in his life.