TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE
MS. SMITH

TW: MENTIONS OF DISORDERS AND SELF HARM. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

el had finally told her parents what was going on with her. they were concerned but yet happy she was able to tell them what was going on with her and her problems.

she also told them about ms. smith, the therapist robin had recommended and they agreed to take her. sadly the only day available were wednesdays, and both joyce and hopper work those days leaving nobody to be able to take her. but they remembered that jonathan had days off on wednesdays meaning jonathan had to take her.

"EL ARE YOU READY YET!?" jonathan yelled from the bottom of the stairs

"ALMOST!" she shouted back.

"HOW MUCH LONGER BECAUSE YOU SAID THE SAME THING NEARLY AN HOUR AGO! WERE GONNA BE LATE!" he huffed in annoyance

"MY GOSH, STOP YELLING!" she shouted and she walked down the stairs with wide eyes which were filled with annoyance.

"how long can does it take you to get dressed!?" jonathan asks

"just an hour!" she says as she walks to the front door

"JUST AN HOUR!?" he screams back

"CAN YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP SO WE CAN GET THERE SOONER!?"

after lots of complaining in the twenty minute car ride they had finally made it to her office.

"if you need anything call me okay?" jonathan pats her shoulder

"got it, love you," she says as she hugs him

"love you more," he began to squeeze her as if he were telling her that everything was going to be fine.

"love you," she blows him a kiss as she slowly walks into the office.

"why hello there, you must be eleanor, eleanor hopper. am i correct?" ms. smith says as she pushes up her reading glasses

"oh, uhm, yes! i'm eleanor, but you may call me el for short," she shakes her hand lightly

"well please, take a seat. wouldn't want your feet to hurt!" el nods and sits right down onto the red and green patterned chair.

"so tell me. how are you feeling? what's going on in life? tell me anything you believe i need to know."

"well, i'm incredibly stressed, i'm dealing with a tough situation right now." el says as she stares at the ground, attempting to avoid eye contact.

"and do you mind telling me why your stressed and the situation you're in?" ms. smith asks as she writes down some notes.

"well for starters there's these mean girls at school... a-and.." el stutters not knowing if she should tell her about mike. what happens if she judges her!?

"and what? you can tell me anything sweetie, im here for you." she bends over slight just so she can be closer to el. she grabs el's hand and gives a light squeeze to reassure her everything is fine.

"w-well there's this boy i kinda sorta like, but it's confusing!" el huffed "i mean, i don't even know a lot about this guy but he is so nice and i see him as a good guy" el's face softens as she talks about mike, her tone in voice changing to be as if she were to be daydreaming about him.

"oh, tell me everything about him," ms. smith wiggles her eyebrows

"well it's embarrassing..." el rests her hand on her elbow and shrugs

"don't be shy, it's okay to express your feelings here. no judgment at all."

"i'll tell you another day..."

"if that's what you want then that's fine with me."

the therapy session with ms. smith wasn't that bad actually, she told her about her disorder and the self harm that's been going on. yes, el was at first hesitant of mentioning it but she was able to tell her, but ms. smith was glad that el was able to tell her such things.

el also learned some things about ms. smith, she learned that she was exactly like el growing up, another thing she learned is that ms. smith is a single mother of one child, her child's name was sage, who is now 15 and wants to be just like her mother, helping others. which was shocking to el was that ms. smith is 33 making her 18, el's age when she had her. not only was that the only shocking thing to el apparently the father didn't even know that sage was his.

el could never imagine herself in a year being in ms.smiths position of being a single mother and the father not being around, not even knowing he had a child.

el shuddered, even just thinking of herself in that stressful situation made her stress! and it wasn't even her problem!

she decided that she was thinking way too much as it caused her a migraine. so she decided to sleep, as sleep was her number one best-friend after all.

before the stressed girl could even let her face touch the pillow she loved with all of her heart her phone went off.

"ugh, who the fuck is texting me," she rubs her eyes as she picks up her phone.

one new message from: mike 🤓

el looked at her phone trying to decided wether or not if she should answer him.

she though about it and decided that she shouldn't. she was stressed, had a headache, and had a long day. he could wait another few hours. right?

she shook her head, getting all of the unwanted thoughts out of her head.

she quickly fell onto her bed and rested her head on her comfy beloved pillow.

ding!

he can wait until the next morning for her to answer. hopefully...

ding! ding! ding!

el widened her eyes knowing that if she didn't reply then she'd be up all night dealing with this torture of her phone going off because of him.

but she was too lazy to reply, so she did what needed to be done.

she put his contact onto silent mode. it should silence him for now until the morning, though she knows that she'd wake up to at least over twenty plus messages but oh well. he can last until then.

she finally landed her head onto her pillow, slowly but surely drifting off to a peaceful sleep that would be soon interrupted in the following morning.

that night she dreamed about being surrounded by pillows of different variations.
she smiled in her sleep, satisfied by the wonderful dream she was currently having.

not proofread lol.