Chapter One

Did you ever have a dream? Fantasy's that you wished came true? Even if they were totally outrageous? Well this is about a man with dreams, but they weren't just dreams they were nightmares.

It was December 4th,1951 and Jeremy Sterling was in his dressing room getting ready for yet another marvelous opera.

"You are a perfect example of a gift from God!" Jeremy said to himself through the mirror as he fixed his tie.

"You're the best opera singer any production can get!" Though without his knowing, his beautiful partner Katherine Jacobson was leaning against the door frame, watching.

He and Katherine have been on and off partners for seven years now, but their relationship was strictly business for many reasons...

Katherine was lean and thin with delicate golden curls that rested upon her shoulders while Jeremy was tall, and a bit buff with broad shoulders. "Quite a creepy looking chap." is what people usually claimed about him.

"Jeremy Sterling, you are going to blow there minds away!" He once again exclaimed to himself,"Everyone cannot get enough of-"

"Will you just shut your trap already?!" Katherine interrupted,"We go on in seven minutes." Jeremy flashed a smile that he claimed to 'win all the ladeis' at her,"Oh, you look dashing tonight tonight Miss Katherine." She rolled her eyes,"Save it for someone who cares, Jeremy. I'm in no mood for your sly remarks." He held out his arms, unwilling to give up. "Oh come now, i speak the truth." Her eyebrows raised and she gave a short, unbelieving laugh,"well, to me, it seems you've been lying to yourself this whole time. Get over yourself, without me, you wouldn't even be in the Musical Arts.' Jeremy opened his mouth and prepared to insult her but before he could:

"Jacobson! Sterling!" yelled a man from down the hallway,"Get over here! You're almost on!" Without hesitation, the two co-stars made their way to the stage.