Chapter Six

Bianca King knocked on Mr.Flitzovic's office door nervously.

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" He opened the door and greeted her with a warm smile,"Oh, hello there." Despite everything that was happening with Jeremy, The Flitzovic Theater needed new singers. Bianca had been absolutely devastated about Jeremy's disappearance, but she was happy to join in.

"Hello, my name is Bianca King. I'm here for the position of the opera singer." "Ah, I see. Well please come in." He stepped aside and allowed her to enter.

"How long have you been in the singing business, ma'am?" He asked as he shut the door.

"Since I was six sir, but i just recently got into opera."

"Oh? and you think you have what it takes to star in my theater?"

"With all modesty sir, I do."

"Oh cut with the 'sir' nonsense. You can address me as Leo, Mr. F or Mr.Flitzovic. Anything except sir."

"Oh whatever you prefer then Mr.F"

"Okay then! Lets cut to the chase! Sing me something. Anything you'd like."

Bianca swallowed hard and began singing 'The Love for Three Oranges'. Her singing abilities were some of the best hes heard in his thirty-six years in the opera industry and he was actually quite sad when she stopped.

"Well? H-how was that?" Her voice was shaking. All Mr.Flitzovic did was smile and clap his hands.

"Welcome to the cast. Your first show is in two weeks."

                                                       ************

It was horrifyingly peaceful day for Jeremy. Getting his vocal cords ripped out a few days ago, he was in an immense amount of pain. The creature didn't leave him with an open wound in his neck though. It gave him a few dirty stitches and wrapped his neck in old bandages. It was the best treatment he'd been given since being trapped here.

Then flashes of opera came to his head and now, he cant even make a whisper. Singing was his life. It's the only thing he was good at and now he cant even do it!

Tears began to form in his eyes and for the first time in ages, Jeremy Sterling cried.

"I'll never get out of this!" He thought, "I'll be stuck in this nightmare forever!" He sniffed and looked at the floor. "I can't even get out of this bed... and the creature will probably give me another injection of whatever's making my blood run black!" He reached  to scratced his stomach and studied his new features.

Yellow eyes, shark skin scalp, jaguar teeth, overgrown nails, scals were beginning to appear on his arms. He was a big mass of many naimlas. He ate human flesh, he practically is an animal... and animals shouldn't be tied up.

The idea of escape came into his mind and he thrashed wildly, not caring if he reopened stitches or wounds.

Ripppp...

It was like the sound of heaven. The leather straps that kept him restrained snapped. He was free from the bed, now he must get out of this room.

Jeremy ran to the corner of the room and popped open the manhole,"Heh, looks like it forgot to lock it this time.." He'd seen the creature drain water from the floor and now it was his ticket to freedom.

He lowered himself and felt the wet cement hit his feet. It was the best feeling ever as he ran down the dark, smelly sewer.

Where would he go though? To the place where it all started of course.