43 | Hatred

AMARI'S POV

"Aurora is not a threat nor will she ever be one." Headmistress Adhira's authoritative voice boomed throughout the room.

"She has caused havoc within this academy, Adhira. Have you seen the chaos she created?" An elder member stood up, slamming their hands onto the wooden table.

I was dressed in a sparkling dark red gown. It was a one-shoulder gown with a slit on the bottom. My hair, on the other hand, was styled into a braid secured with a ruby pin, and gods, I did not expect myself to be arguing with stubborn elders in an outfit like this.

"Jade, why don't you sit down properly? This is not how an elder of the council should act," sambit ng isa pang elder.

"Val! You shouldn't be persuaded by these demigods! Hades' daughter will become the downfall of this institution!"

I was slowly losing my patience, but I was waiting for the right time to talk.

"She may have caused chaos, but she ended it, didn't she?" Biglang sumabat sa usapan si Hiro na katabi ko. The two of us alongside Headmistress Adhira decided to attend this meeting in order to restore Aurora's honor. "Aurora controlled herself."

It's a pretty useless meeting, in my opinion.

"But that is not guaranteed to happen all the time, son of Aphrodite!" Elder Jade spoke up once again. I could feel the anger building up inside me, but I forced myself to stay calm.

There are five elders in total. Two of them are opposed to keeping Aurora in the academy while the other two wanted her to stay. Only one stayed neutral.

"And that's why we're gonna keep an eye on her within the academy, Elder Jade." The headmistress showcased her authority as Zeus' daughter when she glared at the shaking woman. From here, I could hear a storm brewing in the distance.

"And why should we do that? Who knows what she'll do here!" Someone interrupted once again. I clicked my tongue. It was Elder Ross, another council member who opposed the idea of keeping Aurora in the academy. Silang dalawa ni Elder Jade ang problema namin.

Curse them all, I thought.

"Imagine if we let her go, elders." I finally spoke up. I stood up slowly, my eyes never faltering. "What if she suddenly loses control again as you fear? What if she causes chaos? If she wanders through the realms because we refused to let her stay, it would cause more trouble not only for us, but also for you. The realms will be in danger," I said firmly before sitting down again.

"We not only protect the realms but also the beings that live in it. If anything happens, I swear to take responsibility," the headmistress added.

Sinamaan kami ng tingin nina Elder Jade at Elder Ross habang napangiti sina Elder Valeria at Elder Beau. 

"But she's Hades' daughter! Hades is a devil, the king of hell! The apple does not fall far from the tree, after all!"

Ha, what a futile attempt.

I crossed my legs. "Exactly, Elder Ross." Muntikan ko nang mapaikot ang mga mata ko. "She's Hades' daughter. You said it yourself. Imagine what the king of the underworld would do to your precious academy if he finds out how his daughter has been treated. I don't think it'll end well for you."

All that's left is Elder Amelia's decision. Among the five of them, she had the most authority as she was the most respected one.

I wasn't nervous at all. Elder Amelia is a descendant of Phoebe, the titan goddess of intellect. I believe she's wise enough to make the right decision.