44 | Familiarity

AMARI'S POV

"Are you sure you're okay?" Aurora's eyes were filled with worry. It made me feel bad.

"Yeah," I replied blankly. Iniwasan ko ang tingin niya at sa kasamaang palad, nagtagpo ang tingin namin ni Raven.

He tilted his head, his gaze moving up and down. His eyes squinted, silently judging me. "What are you doing?" I asked through telepathy.

I didn't want them to see me talking to him. Gods, they might get the wrong idea. I hate explaining things.

"Is something bothering you?"

I stayed silent. Everyone was having fun. The sun was setting, but it felt like the day had just started. The other Elysians were either talking to the other classes or were outside, talking to their deity. Ang naiwan lang dito ay sina Aurora at Raven.

Hades, Aurora's father, wasn't here, and Raven just didn't want to talk to Zeus. In the end, they stayed with me.

I envy everyone. How can they have fun while I can't? Why am I not capable of doing that?

"What are you thinking about, genius?"

"I'm thinking of walking away so I don't have to see you anymore," I answered sarcastically. Raven rolled his eyes.

"Are you hungry?'" tanong niya ulit.

I glared at him. "Looks like someone's talkative today."

He gazed at the setting sun with an emotionless face and though one would think he wasn't happy, I saw the spark in his eyes. "Shut up. Don't you think Aurora looks sad?"

My eyebrows furrowed. Agad akong humarap kay Aurora na bahagyang nakasimangot habang nakatingin sa iba. "Why do you look like that?" seryosong tanong ko sa kanya. Mas lalo siyang napasimangot.

Did I say something wrong?

"Ah- wala naman..." Her voice trailed off. "Siguro bored lang ako," dagdag niya. Napabuntong-hininga siya.

If only I could, I would've read her mind. I respected her privacy, but I was worried. I didn't even know what she was thinking. No one does. Only her.

I don't know if it's just me, but she looks like she's filled with emptiness. Behind those looks, behind her gentle and sweet smiles... is something I haven't seen before.

What secrets lie behind those eyes, Aurora?

I want to find out, I thought.

"Amari, my love!" A girl who exuded a bright aura came. She displayed a gleaming smile filled with sunshine. "I think your mom's looking for you. Si Athena yung nakahelmet, diba?" Tinuro niya ang isang babae na nakatayo, kausap sina Apollo.

"Yeah." My expression changed again. In the corner of my eye, I could see Raven looking at me strangely.

Athena stood tall, just as how a warrior should. She wore a helmet, so her face wasn't that visible. Yet, I knew it was her. Though I've only seen her for a few times in my whole life, I know what she looks like.

Dahil nga bihira ko lang siyang makita, siniguro kong naalala ko ang bawat detalye ng mukha niya. I made sure her face stayed inside my memories.

She looked towards my direction, and I saw a glimpse of her eyes. They were talking to me silently and so, when she walked away, I did too.