Chapter 2

*2 months  later*
*Maya's point of view*
A lot has happened in the past 2 months, we had our engagement party, my sister that is so obviously annoyed with me, made a huge scene, Mohammad was pretty upset but I talked him down and convinced him to let it go. He did for me and we continued the night happily. I am now sitting on my bed texting Mohammad when she comes into my room and closes the door behind her. I then ask, "What the fuck do you want?" "I just wanted to tell you, that you are so stupid, and an embarrassment to the family. Mohammad is just marrying you because he feels sorry for you." "Anything else?" "Yes." "What?" She then comes over and starts beating me up. I try to fight back but she is stronger. She then drags me on the floor and I hit my head badly and she starts kicking me on my back and I pass out, not remembering anything else.

*Mohammad's point of view*
I was texting Maya for a while then suddenly she stops texting me and doesn't even read them. I try to call her, but she doesn't answer. I wait 5 minutes then call her again and she still doesn't answer. I then quickly get worried and jump from my bed and go down stairs and quickly drive to her house. When I arrive her house everyone is coming out the door. I quickly park and then go over to them and ask, "Where is Maya?" "In her room, we are going out for lunch but she didn't wanna come. You should come with us," her annoying sister said. Then I say, "No, thanks I am gonna go check on her." The last person still didn't close the door so I quickly go inside and close the door behind myself. I go up the stairs and go to her room. When I arrive there I see a towel by the door, I lift it up and see blood coming from the inside I try to open the door but it was locked. I push it open with my body.

When it opens I see Maya on the floor, with her head bleeding and her arms bleeding. I run over to her and take off my jacket and put it on her head. I check her pulse and she has one but a weak one. I then grab her hijab and abaya and put it on her and carry her to my car and drive to the nearest hospital. I walk into the emergency room in hospital yelling for help with Maya in my arms. Doctors and nursing come rushing over to my aide with a gurney. They take her and a nurse asks, "What is your relationship with the patient?" "She is my fiancée. I know who did this, and I will deal with it. Just please help her, she is the love of my life." "Okay, just fill in these forms please." She hands me some papers and I fill them then hand it and ask her, "Can you please, check on how she is doing for me?" "Sure. I'll be right back." She goes and comes back minutes later and says, "She is in surgery, she has internal bleeding, and they are fixing that and the bleeding in her head and her arms, they'll be in there for a while." "Okay, listen I need to go get some things, will you just call me if she is out of surgery before I come back. My number is listed as her emergency contact on her forms." "Okay, I will call you sir if anything happens." I then leave and go to my house and tell everyone what happened and mom and dad insisted they go and wait for her to get out of surgery.

I told them I will tell her parents. They leave and I grab a bag and fill it up with stuff, so I can spend the night or however long with her. Then I go over to her house and see that they came back and they are eating lunch at home with takeaway food. When I enter after her father opened the door, I see that sister and say to her, "Listen, you, when you made a scene at the engagement party I didn't say anything for Maya's sake. When you keep insulting her and flirting with me I also don't say anything. But here is where you crossed the line, you physically attacked your own sister and put her in the fucking hospital. I swear to god, if you show up at the wedding, I don't know what I will do. I am gonna tell everyone you are not to come in, I will make sure of that myself." Then I turn my attention to Maya's parents and say, "I am sorry, if I came in being rude here, it is just Maya is the love of my life and I will do anything for her no matter what. Even if it means being rude to her family. From now on I will not let anyone no matter who treat her badly and disrespect her, ya'll better watch yourselves. I will go to the end of the world to protect her. She is the love of my life and no one will change that. So you stop talking to me. I really don't have to put up with you." I say the last part at the sister that is a piece of shit. Then I go up to Maya's room and pack her bag, with pjs and a couple pieces of normal clothes, her undergarments, her hijab's and her bathroom stuff and hair things and go down and see everyone quite and still sitting there in shock.