A Map of Fated Encounters

After an hour, we escaped the trail of patrol and we found ourselves at the edge of Neo-Iniko, in Phantasmogoria, also known as the forest of dreams. I glanced back at Neo-Iniko, taking in one last sight. No one had ever really seen what Neo-Iniko looks like in its material form because it was constantly shrouded in artificial illusions. Some claimed that it was simply a plain forest made to look like a city. This wasn't nearly as concerning as the original Iniko, which forced people into a dream world against their wills. At least, in Neo-Iniko, it was merely an augmented reality. Plus, we got to keep our memories too.

Despite his madness, Gadi seemed to have a grasp on the details of events unfolding that even I, an Aeon, didn't have. Though, my case was a bit special, since I've modified my brain in a sick attempt to reject my artificial existence. So deeply, I wanted to be human and so I paid the price with newfound inadequacies. Luckily, some ounce of my capacity to transcend ordinary human perception remained intact. But Gadi's capacity doesn't seem like anything I've ever observed in an Aeon. He was merely human.

It was time to probe and resolve this once and for all. "Gadi, tell me now. We are in the clear so tell me now: Who are you? What are you? What is the prophecy?"

He looked me in the eyes in a way that brought unease and smiled, "It's come full circle. Here we are. Now it's time to unveil the truth. The wicked, beautiful truth."

In irritation I asked, "Do you really have to talk that way?"

Gadi replied, "Let's focus on what is important here. The prophecy tells of your future, Guhya. You are the only one who has the knowledge necessary for reaching the Outside. Before we undergo that, there is a grand journey before us."

I waited, anticipating his continuation and lengthy explanation but he just stood there with a weird grin on his face. I said, "Well, go on."

Gadi doubled down, "That's precisely it! The next stage will take us to the Aeon of Desires. She can be found in the temple beyond the forest. Now that it is dark, we should find a place to sleep and then-"

I couldn't believe this, "WHAT? Why should we go to this temple you speak of? Why should I trust anything you say?"

Gadi responded more nervously this time, "Well, you must. It s-says so in the prophecy. You will trust me. You absolutely must. The temple will reveal truths that guide us further into the future that we all desire. That is why we must go."

"