Truman's Show

"I've been looking for that book for a long time now. And you've done your duty to find it for me," the strange man said.

"Who are you??" I demanded.

With some odd sense of pride and honor, he said, "I am a protector of the divine Basilisk. You must be, the supposed chosen one. The one who means to destroy our majesty's reign. I won't allow it."

He raised his hand and an energy ball formed.

We all ducked behind the desk as it shot towards us.

"What do we do now??" I asked, turning to everyone else for answers.

"I told you," Emory said.

Pax got up and yelled, "Watch this shit!"

He jumped on the guy and placed his hands on his head. Then, the most marvelous blue light glowed out of the man's body as he screamed. Pax simply laughed as the man screamed himself to death, his body evaporating before our eyes.

Finally, a faint blue light was all that remained. I asked, "What the hell was that?!"

Pax answered, "I formed a syzygy with him right now. I put an implant in his brain. People just can't handle it. It's the single cool side effect of Vaeda's experiment. Though, we gotta be careful now because I sensed he already had a syzygy with another Aeon. They are probably close by."

We ran towards the exit we entered through. The halls were filled with the sounds of our panting and trampling.

We screeched to a halt.

Our way was block by a mysterious man. He bowed and said, "I'm honored to meet you, chosen one."

"We don't have time" I replied.

"I only mean to chat. It is important," he replied.

"Who are you?" I asked.

He put his hand forward to be shaken, "My name is Truman. I am a fellow Aeon. I'm sometimes referred to as the Aeon of Devotion."

Without shaking his hand, I asked, "So, what do you want?"

Attempting to hide his bitterness, he said, "No introductions I see. I was informed that you'd arrive at this location according to the prophecy. I've come to ask for your aide. As you may have noticed, the apocalypse of this world has been initiated. I mean to stop this and protect the current state of things."

Pandora softly grabbed my arm, "Guhya, hand me the tome."

I flinched, "What? Why?"

Gadi said, "You can trust her. I've foreseen this event."

Arezo watched nervously.

Hesitating, I eventually handed her the book.

She hugged me, "Thank you, Guhya." Then she walked over to Truman and handed him the book.

I yelled, "What the fuck is this?!"

Truman said, "Thank you, Pandora. Your loyalty to our mission is admirable."

Pax ran over and grabbed Pandora's head, initiating another annihilation event, "I fucking knew you were a traitor bitch!"

She screamed in agony as her body melted away. Time moved in slow motion.

"NO!! What have you done!??" I cried out.

The pain of her death was too much, and I was flung into darkness.

The familiar taste of her lips crossed mine. We motioned, euphorically in the sand. Quickly, I was pulled out of the horrors of her death and distracted by our lust. It was oddly particular that we reset to this point. But then, I remembered her betrayal and pulled away, gasping in a panic.