Restraint

We rushed to the source of the cry. It came from behind a prison cell.

 It came from behind a prison cell

It was Vaeda. She warned, "You can't stay here Guhya." She turned to the others and noticed their presence, "Echo? Lily??"

Lily moved ahead of me, "Out of the way." She grabbed the bars of the prison room and melted them away. She left Vaeda restrained though. She demanded, "Where is he?"

Vaeda hesitated, looking at Lily with a sadness

Vaeda hesitated, looking at Lily with a sadness. "Kaos... didn't make it. I'm sorry."

Lily went quiet.

I asked, "Why are you in here??"

Vaeda's eyes glowed with worry more than I'd ever seen from her, "You need to leave, now, Guhya. It's a trap. There's Angels-"

I interrupted, "Angels??"

Her response was disturbing, "They can eliminate people from existence, from all timelines. That's why you can't stay here. The evolved Sige mixed with the remnants of one of my failed experiments, Project Gnosis. There's no time to explain right now. You have to go!"

A flurry of footsteps arrived behind us.

I turned, it was Arezo, Gadi, and Pax.

Gadi was stunned and muttered, "It's her... from the dream... the woman who had saved me long ago."

Pax yelled, "Vaeda saved you?! This is bullshit!"

Vaeda looked at Gadi, "Oh my god. You made it."

Gadi rushed over to Vaeda in her restraints. He cried, softly, "I remember now. I remember everything."

Vaeda's tears came too, "Gadi... It's really you. Your old self."

Lily kept looking down, unphased by the rest of us. But then she spoke, "This is a trap."

"Lily?" I asked. She was straight up lying.

Lily spoke in a self-hating tone, "Gadi has a syzygy with Vaeda. The prophecy that they follow leads us to her. It's a trap."

Pax exclaimed, "Holy shit! I knew it would be something like this."

Then, Lily turned to me, pointing, "And Guhya knew this the entire time!"