Part 28

It was day two of the Fairy Day festival. Yesterday's banquet went well, and I enjoyed my time with Evie. It was mid-morning, and I was waiting for Evie while she dropped off all her outfits to their proper rooms. It was a bright, warm day. I wore a purple tank top and green shorts. My hair was up in a high ponytail.

"Ok, I'm a ready dragon." Evie popped me out of my thoughts. She had her hair up in a half ponytail and was wearing a blue flowy off-the-shoulder crop top, blue shorts, and a sheer flowy skirt.

"Let's go," I said, taking her hand. So we started to walk through the crowd and vendors.

"What stalls should we look at?" Evie asked me, looking at me in a way that made me want to melt.

"Anywhere you want; I just think it's fun to experience this from your perspective," I told her, smiling happily as music filled my ears and the smell of food swirled in my nose.

"Then let's just walk," Evie suggested, starting down the paths lined with streamers and decorations in the Morrs colors. The flowers on the ground were in full bloom, and the sun was light and gently warming our skin. "Are you excited about tomorrow? Vanna and Rune said fairies give gifts every year."

I smiled, thinking of the gifts, "Yeah, we do, but they aren't like your gifts."

"What?" She laughed, "What do you mean they aren't like your gifts."

"Well, you will see how tomorrow. Now, has anything caught your eye or nose?"I asked her, looking around at all the people.

"Maybe that jewelry stand," Evie replied, so I gently led us over to the vendor.

It was a green booth with decorations up and jewelry all over. The gemstone shined brightly in the morning light. Evie started to pick things up and look at them, so I began to look around, too. There were rings, bracelets, necklaces, and headwear of all kinds.

I picked up a piece of peace to look at when Evie picked one up and showed it to me. It was a multicolored necklace: "It's beautiful, just like you, princess."

"It looks like something Dizzy would have made. She loved to make jewelry. She was perfect. She did hair, too; she was the one who suggested the little braids in my hair." Evie smiled, looking down at peace.

"She sounds like an amazing sister. I can't wait to get to meet her." I told her, wrapping her in a hug.

"You sure we are going to find her?" Evie asked me, leaning in.

"I'm sure. I'm going to buy this, and it will be a welcome present to her," I told her before paying the woman, Petal, who was working the stand.

"You know you didn't have to do that, right, dragon?" Evie asked me as we walked away from the booth.

"I know, but I wanted to. I'm excited to meet her, and if we peruse this, it's good to have your sisters' support." I replied as we walked.

Evie laughed, shaking her head, "You want to be on their good side, don't you."

"Well, of course, they care about you, so I want them to know I'm dedicated to this... whatever this turns out to be," I awkwardly tried to save it and failed. Evie laughed more, making me light up at the sound.

"Hey, there are baked goods over there. Would you like a mid-morning snack?" I asked Evie, taking a big, deep breath.

"Only if we can get snacks to save for later," Evie asked as we walked to the stand.

We looked at the yellow table at all the goodies. First, there was a plate of mini-strawberry shortcakes with whipped cream, a plate of ginger cake, a plate of blueberry and cream coffee cake, a plate of carrot cake, blackberry cake, blueberry and orange cake, strawberry cake, black forest cake, apple cake, mini-strawberry and rhubarb cheesecake, triple berry shortcake, chocolate and mint cupcakes, and cinnamon coffee cake. Then, they have bags of dinner rolls and baskets of fresh bread with flavorings. Next, they have a plate of spice cookies, tea cakes, short bread cookies, date square cookies, iced sugar cookies decorated in the shapes of wings, birds, flowers, and butterflies, with lots of colors, then a plate of ginger cookies, a plate of iced orange cookies decorated to look like orange slices, butterscotch cookies, glazed strawberry cookies, Mexican chocolate cookies, lemon cookies, and chocoholic chip cookies. Then they had mini pies, lemon, chocolate, strawberry, rhubarb, and spiced apple. After that, they had crosonts in butter, almonds, and chocolate. Then, they had a plate of lemon bars, honey muffins, chocolate muffins, blueberry muffins, Mexican cornbread, and brownies.

"Well, what looks good, princess?" I asked, looking over the large selection.

"I'm thinking one of the croissants or muffins for a snack while we walk and a fun little selection to keep in the room for snacks." Evie offered to look up from the spread at me.

"I love it," I looked at the vendor, "We are going to have a long list; I'm sorry, Usha."

"Not a problem, your majesty," They replied, smiling.

"So, we will start with butter and chocolate croissants. Then, in a separate bag, can I have a mini-strawberry shortcake, a slice of the strawberry cake, 2 of the mini-strawberry and rhubarb cheesecake, a slice of the triple berry cake shortcake, some of the tea cakes, a couple of the iced sugar cookies, the orange cookies, glazed strawberry cookies, lemon cookies, and the chocolate chip cookies. Then I'll take a lemon pie, three mini strawberry cakes, and the lemon bars. Lastly, I would like brownies. And then whatever my dear Evie wants too." I told the vendor, smiling.

"Are you sure the cookies and cakes will keep, but anything with fresh fruit has a shorter storage life?" Usha asked me, looking between Evie and me.

"I'm a little surprised, too, dragon," Evie replied, looking at me cocky.

"I like snacks for the office; that's not bad," I said, raising my hands in defense.

"Ok," Evie said, chuckling, "can I please have one of the blueberry and honey muffins? And then a slice of the blueberry and cream coffee cake, blackberry, blueberry, orange cake, black forest cake, and a chocolate and mint cupcake. Some of the spice cookies, butterscotch cookies, Mexican chocolate cookies, the mini spiced apple pie and the mini chocolate pie, and the Mexican cornbread, please." Evie ordered.

"Got it," Usha told us, packing it all up. I then paid her before we walked off with our bags of goodies. Evie was snacking on the blueberry muffin as I ate the chocolate croissant.

"You like blueberries, princess," I observed as we walked.

"I could say the same about you and strawberries, dragon," Evie replied, giving me a knowing look.

"Fair point. What's next?" I asked her as we passed by others.

"I don't know. Maybe a game. Or finding our friends," Evie replied, shrugging.

"Well, Jay is off working the guard's attractions, and Gil is running some of the kid's games," I told her where I knew some of them would be.

And that's how we spent the day—searching for our friends while stopping at different attractions.