Part 2-OUT OF IT

LAWRENCE

12:00 PM

When I heard the bell rang, I stood up along with the others. One by one, we went outside to buy our own foods.

While walking, I jumped when I felt an arm circle around my elbow. "So, what's for lunch today?" I didn't bother to turn around to see who it is, I already knew it was Cris just by her voice. I tried to move out of her reach but she gripped my arm making me wince.

"So, what's for lunch?" she asked again, her eyes narrowing at her. I ignored her as we walked towards the school canteen. On the way, loads of people gave us quick glances, long glances, pointing fingers, giggles, murmurs, and all that other usual shit. Honestly, if Cris and I continue buying food like this every lunch, God forbid, they're gonna think we're together.

"How's your date coming along?" I heard another familiar voice ask, "Oh, it's going splendid, De Guzman" Cris answered as I told the seller what I wanted to buy. "Make that two" Cris added.

The seller offered two and I had no time to get mine, actually I didn't had any time to react when Cris snatched her food and strolled across the crowd. "Thanks for the free food, idiot!" I gritted my teeth as I paid the old lady. Grabbing my food, I returned to our classroom.

Guess, I should be grateful that this is the only thing she did this lunch. Most of the time, she stumps my foot, trips me, shouts at me, throw foods, dumps drink on my face, basically humiliate me in front of a lot of people.

Do I do anything about it?

No.

Why?

Because, no matter how frustrated I am, the best way to deal with bullies is to let them think that they're not getting through you.

Walking straight to the room and not sparing a glance at anyone is what we do best. Sitting down and assessing the situation is the next. Gabrie, Frenelyn, and Belle was on the left side of the room facing the windows while the twins were on the other side also facing the windows.

Kim was eating while solving some puzzles and not far from him was Denice was watching something in her phone. Similar to her, Mark and Cris was watching a movie on the TV, they were however not talking and were 5 seats away from each other.

Frenzel is not here, probably at the Science Park, spreading gossip while eating. The other people who are also not here are Micel, Jade, and Mclowell. Micel is probably at the rooftop, she usually is while Jade is at the Music Facility, playing some instruments. As for Mclowell, I'm gonna take a guess that he's with his girlfriend, nobody knows that he has girlfriend except for me. Nothing can escape my eyes.

But you know, instead of ratting him out, I kept quiet because how am I different from Cris if I choose to do that.

This is the situation in our classroom for the first 30 minutes of lunch break, quiet, just the sound of munching, laughter, movies and chairs scraping against the floor. Most of the time, that is. There are those rare moments when hell is still going on during break.

Once I was done eating, nobody paid me attention as I went outside. Best to escape before it's too late.

I spent the remaining time wandering off the school. As usual, people recognize me, and do those thing I already said that I won't repeat. We really are quite famous.

I stopped once I reached mountains behind the school. Making myself comfortable, I jumped when I heard a voice. "Oh, I love it and I hate it at the same time"  Suddenly I felt goosebumps as the warm low voice continued singing.