Part 5-FINDING FRENZEL

10:23 pm

KIM

Who would do something like this?

Who the fuck would kill someone then cut their victim's stomach open and just get their organ?

Some sick psycho, but who? And why?

Why Mendez? She's an annoying piece of shit, I know that but she's a good kid so would do this to her?

I let out a breath, then waved my phone around to light my surroundings.

Who knew the TVL building could be so scary at night?

Or is it just because I'm expecting a megalomaniac to jump at me?

Okay, let's not think that, let's just find them and get out of this place then it'll be okay by tomorrow.

I stopped in my tracks when I realized that no, everything will not be okay tomorrow,

Earlier looking at Mendez, a part of me expected her to wake up and ask what the fuck are we doing but that didn't happen.

The thought of her death was pushed into the center of my mind then it was removed by the thought that there's a serial killer in our school.

So first things, first, our safety but now, all alone, realization struck me like lightning, freezing me in my spot.

Mendez is dead,

she's gone,

and she won't come back.

Tomorrow, when we enter this place, she won't be here, the campus would be flooded with reporters and police.

One of us died, one of the best students of this school is dead,

Oh fuck, one of my enemies is dead, one of the best rivals I've had is gone, and is never coming back.

What would her parents say?

What would her family say?

What about her other friends?

What about those other people who have watched her grow?

What would they say?

Would they blame us?

Are they going to think we did it?

Probably not Bautista, not when everyone thinks she's an angel in disguise.

'Clomp'

The single sound of heavy footsteps was enough to bring me back to life, I turned around to face my phone where I heard the footsteps.

I held my breath when I didn't find anyone and continued to turn my phone around.

Where did that sound come from? Or did I just imagine it?

Slowly, I continued walking when I heard it again, my whole body reacted so fast and it was a success because my flashlight is focused on someone right now.

When I saw him-her, I mean, I once again froze. Her brown eyes were filled with mischief which was supporting the sly smirk she was wearing but that wasn't what scared me, it was her, just her, what is she doing?

Is she the one who killed Mendez?

Well shit...

"Well, hello, Victor" Her sweet voice sent a chill down my spine,

Who is Victor?

"Who?" I blurted out while taking a step back,

"Oh, darling don't pretend you don't know who you are"