Part 9-MONSTER

3:57 am

DENICE

I stood frozen, letting her explanation sink in.

Her story sounds like some cliche crime drama on tv, it sounds fake but somehow I could tell that she's telling the truth.

I've never heard of the name Ferriz Cuarez, or him killing anyone for that matter. And I assure you, I've never felt more confused in my life.

When I turned around to look at the others, they had the same look on their faces except for Concepcion who looked really pale and was starting to resemble the others (who died).

As I remembered the others, my mind went to Belle, Frenelyn's sister.

"Your sister" I blurted out, realization suddenly hit me. "She was the first one to die and her skin was gone just like......" I trailed off, the others also realizing what I meant.

"My sister" Bautista breathed.

"But wasn't Mendez the first one?" De Guzman asked.

"Mendez and Bautista are always together, Bautista could be the first for all we know" Ybarra shrugged making me nod.

"So what? Is this some sort of alternate universe thing?" Acosta snarled, "Maybe?" I shrugged. It sounds impossible but it makes sense.

This Fajardo is the alternate version of Bautista and "So that blue-haired maniac is an alternate version of me?" Fernandez trailed off looking at us baffled.

Yeah, there's that and I thought Fernandez couldn't possibly get worse.

"So your name is......?" Our gaze went to Fajardo who was looking at us curiously.

"I'm Denice Farinas" I started, "Fiona Diaz" she replied, well at least other me have a good name.

"Jade Ybarra"

"Ysabel Juarez"

"Micel Acosta"

"Amanda Madrigal"

"Mark De Guzman"

"Dennis Montefalco"

A pause where Fajardo stared at Fernandez, "Cris Fernandez" she said simply, not meeting the former's eyes. "And I'm the other you, Frenelyn Bautista" Fajardo nodded.

"It's the initial!" Acosta suddenly said, "They're switched, Mines M.A. so it became A.M." That makes sense. Whoever came up with this idea is quite clever but not very subtle.

"The others were Victor Kelley" Fajardo continued, Acosta replied with "V.K.? so K.V. Kim Villanueva"

"But Suarez was the next one, not Villanueva" De Guzman pointed out, "Yeah but Suarez saw Mendez, remember?" Fernandez reasoned making us turn to her.

"Oh, don't look at me like that, I might have wished for you guys to die in the past but I won't have meant it or kill you even" She explained, her eyes wide conveying incredulous anxiety.

I snorted, "I got it, Fernandez, I seriously doubt you can even kill someone when your whole family is the police"

She sighed in relief.

"Who's Suarez?" Fajardo asked, I shifted my gaze to her. "Frenzel Suarez, S.F.?" Ybarra replied.

"Silvester Flores then"

Silvester Flores?

I can't help but grin and I'm sure the others can't also.

"Only Suarez would end up with such a terrible name" Fernandez chuckled. Fajardo stared at us with exasperation.