PART 11-IM SORRY

4:37 am

MICEL

I really can't do this anymore.

I just-I just can't.

The life I will have without the people I've lost is unimaginable.

I stayed behind, gripping Bautista's hand as the others checked Fernandez's body that was laying on the stairs.

What is there to check, really?

There's blood coming out of her hair, there's blood on the stairs, and there's blood everywhere.

I want to blame Concepcion but I can't, not when I remember the way Fernandez would bully him, call him an idiot, steal his things, get him in detention, and also the way we just ignored it, the way we just got along with Fernandez, the way we helped her, the way our eyes would twinkle in amusement, we are really that horrible, weren't we?

So maybe we deserve this.....then just kill me, just end it so that I can finally rest.

"Hey, Concepcion already killed other you, I think that's enough for him" A voice in my head said returning me to where I was. I gripped her Bautista's tighter as I let myself believe the lie like I always do.

"She really killed other her" De Guzman mused, lifting Fernandez off the ground. "Yeah, well..."Concepcion trailed off said as we followed De Guzman back to the classroom.

They returned the wall divider back earlier which was a relief on my part.

"So now what?" Fajardo asked as Fernandez was laid beside Suarez. I think we're starting to have the habit of glancing at each other when asked that question.

"Eh, let's find out a way to stop him?" Fariñas suggested, "And how exactly do you think are we supposed to do that?" De Guzman scoffed, but De Guzman I think you're forgetting something.

"Yeah, but we have him, don't we?" Fariñas said pointing at Concepcion who suddenly looked flustered.

De Guzman raised both his eyebrows before turning to Concepcion. "Oh right, so how do you suggest we stop what you created"

Concepcion cleared his throat "As much I want to answer that question, I have no idea" he replied gaining another series of sighs.

"Let's think of it this way what if we're in a book, a tv show, or a movie? How are we going to stop something from another world?" Fajardo suddenly announced, "We destroy where it came from?" I suggested without thinking.

Farinas tilted her head before her eyes showed realization. "Yeahh exactly that's what we're going to do, we're going to destroy the story you created," she said turning to Concepcion who nodded,

"That's one way to do it, so where did you write the story?" Ybarra then asked. "In a notebook-" he answered before Fariñas interrupted him

"Well that's great, easier to destroy. Where is it?" Concepcion hesitated before dropping the bomb

"I lost it".

There was a silence that was quickly broken by none other than yours truly, "How could you lose it?!"

He looked startled before inhaling and giving me an answer "Fernandez stole it from me".

"Great, just fucking great" I mumbled,

She's gone and yet.....I inhaled deeply trying to calm down.

"The notebook that she stole from you a year ago?" Bautista asked earning a nod from Concepcion.

How are supposed to find it now?

"But she never took it home, she hid somewhere in the school" De Guzman said slowly,

I raised my eyebrow at him "Yeah, 'cause finding a certain notebook in fucking campus is easy"

De Guzman shrugged, "Well, on that note, we should start looking for it" Bautista announced.

We stood up but something tells me, I don't wanna go with them, my heart kept urging to go somewhere else so who am I to deny my heart?

"Wait, what about you guys go find it and then I'll go check the guards house for the gate's key"

They looked at me as if seeing me for the first time, "No, Acosta, we're not splitting up" Fariñas emphasized.

But I want to, I don't wanna go.

"This way more efficient" I argued, she returned my heated gaze "This way will get you killed" she replied.

We just stared at each other, I can sense confusion coming from her, from everyone.

They might not understand now, but they will, soon.

"I'll go with her" I snapped my neck towards Ybarra who was already making her way towards me.

Fajardo was the one who answered this time "Still no".

I get it, your worried but I can't do this anymore.

"You can search near the guards house then we can go find the notebook together after we find the key" Ybarra suggested, I stared at her.

Why is she helping me?

Has she figured it out?

"Then why don't we just go find the key together" Bautista suggested making me tore my gaze from Ybarra.

No, no, that can't happen.

"Because this is more efficient" Ybarra replied.

JADE

"Why did you come with me?" Acosta finally asked.

The others are outside the guard house while we're searching for the key but I know that's not what we're here for.

"I'm coming with you where ever it is your going" I answered nonchalantly.

Then realizing what my words could mean, I turned around to see Acosta standing there staring at me.

"Why?" she mouthed, "Wouldn't want you to go alone and you said you don't wanna die alone, remember?" I tried to keep my voice as normal as possible.

I could see how her eyes widen and her hands shook, she's upset, she's scared. I don't want to see her like that, I can't see her like that so I turned my back against her like what we did, like how we turned out back against each other.

We used to be best friends of the best friends.

We were inseparable since we were children, went to all the hard things together.

It all changed because of grades, because we started to view each other as rivals.

We went from being together against the world to against each other, after going on separate paths, we promised that we'll forget our promises to each other.

We promised to be at each other's wedding, labor, birthday and we also promised to do everything together, travel together, swim together, die together.

The two of us know that the other knows that we promised to break the promise but look at us now, together even in death.

"I'm sorry" My body tense as I felt her arms wrap my waist. "I'm sorry too" I croaked.

I'm sorry for turning my back, I'm sorry for not choosing you, I'm sorry for hating you, I'm sorry it turned out like this, I'm sorry we didn't get the happy ending that we wanted, I'm sorry.

That was the only thing in my mind as I felt her arm loose, as I heard a gun shot, as I closed my eyes.

Ready to go to the afterlife with my soulmate, my other half.