Part 6-ALIVE

11:38 pm

MARK

I curled my fist in rage when we finally sat down.

We hid the twins beside Mendez.

Now we're just sitting here waiting for for-nothing.

My heart felt tighter every time I hear Bautista or Fariñas or Acosta sobs,

There's only 6 of us left. 4 dead, 3 missing, and based on what I've seen, the chances of those 3 missings being alive and us getting out of here alive is pretty low.

I let out a frustrated growl catching their attention. My eyes met theirs, "So w-what do we do now?" Ybarra asked tensely, "Continue looking for them?" She asked again.

Our eyes shifted to her, not answering her question.

The best students on our campus staring at each other looking for answers, how pathetic.

We're lost, so many questions, no answers.

Why us? Clearly, the guy is planning to kill us all; who did it?

He that turned to she, who fucking knows?;

Where are the others?

I'm not expecting them to be alive but at least we can get them.

That's one thing I noticed, I-we can't bring ourselves to call them, their body, we just can't, they're dead but it feels like they're not.

I saw them with my own two eyes so why do I keep expecting to hear my mom wake me up and realized that this is just a nightmare? Why do I keep expecting to wake up and realize that the day didn't even start yet?

I returned to reality when I felt an arm wrapped around me, my eyes widen when I realized it was Bautista, her usual sniffing tells me that she was still crying. 

My eyes turned to look at the others, searching for answers but instead of answering my silent question, Fariñas and Acosta followed Bautista's lead and hugged the two of us.

Slowly I lifted my arms and returned their hug. They were facing my direction, their back against Ybarra and Fernandez who was staring at us dumbfounded, my eyes met their stares.

"What?" I mouthed, they just shrugged and then glance at each other before slowly moving forward.

There were always 14 of us against each other, against the world. We were born to fight, to win, now, we're slowly losing, in the most painful way.

1:34 am

CRIS

I don't know how long has it been since that moment we shared at the covered court, but I don't really care.

Right now, all I care about is finding the others and going home, a small part of my brain is somehow still in disbelief that I actually care about them.

Maybe I always cared about them, maybe I just ignored it,

I'm a shitty person, I know that but they, they were, in one way my friends.

They proved to be good opponents, good entertainment, but even if I only see them as that, I'm going to miss them, if we get out.

"Tumingin ka sa aking mga mata
At hindi mo na kailangan pang
Magtanong nang paulit-ulit
Ikaw lang ang iniibig
At kung 'di kumbinsido'y magtiwala ka
Hawakan ang puso't maniwala
Na ikaw lang ang s'yang inibig
Ikaw lang ang iibigin, sinta
At sa paglisan ng araw, akala'y 'di ka mahal
At ang nadarama'y hindi magtatagal"