Part 8-WHO ARE YOU?

3:16 am

MICEL

"You sure you don't have an evil twin or something?" I asked one more time while we were passing by the comfort room.

Fernandez turned to look at me,

"Yes" then her eyebrows met,

"No" she then looked more puzzled

"I don't know" that phrase is simply the best definition of what we're going through right now.

I feel irritated, shocked, and fearful but most of all, I feel like an idiot.

We don't know anything, not a clue, not a bloody idea.

Like God, if you're going to dump us with this type of shit, you could at least tell us what's going on before you kick us to hell.

"She couldn't have been your twin, she looks old enough to be in her thirties" De Guzman assured us with his hand up, holding his lighter, leading our way to our classroom.

See told you were stupid, stupid enough to let go of our phones when it's the only source of light we have.

"So who is she supposed to be?" Fernandez asked, curious clear in her tone. "I dunno, your aunt?" I suggested then she looked at me in disbelief.

"What?" I mouthed, "My family is all police" she answered, "Ahhh" I responded, that explains.

"Police," Bautista said making us look at her, her face conveying sudden realization.

She faced us, "Why didn't we contact the police when we had our phone?"

Suddenly, the feeling I had of being an idiot worsen, feels like I just banged my head against the wall. Well, I'm not the only one.

All of us stared at Bautista, feeling flustered and stupid.

"Yep, it's official, we're dumb, WE'RE FUCKING DUMB!" Fariñas announced before face-palming and letting out a muffled scream.

I feel like screaming too, feels like it was the only way to soothe my anger right now but the fear and anxiety that I'm feeling right now are killing that urge to scream.

"Guys" Somehow I started to hate that word, especially if they were using a tense voice to speak.

I think it's because the words that are coming next aren't good news.

However De Guzman didn't have to continue to let us know what he was going to say next, my eyes widen when I saw our classroom.

Why are the lights open?

BEATRIX

I stared at the guy as he snored. From what I gathered it's dawn, I'm in school and the guy sleeping in front of me is a student of the school and part of this classroom.

But why is he sleeping here?

My insides suddenly froze as I snapped my neck towards the door. I could hear the door opening and see a small light outside.

Somehow, I was frozen in my seat directly across the door.

"It's lock from the inside" I heard a voice say, "What about the backdoor?" another voice said however this time it sound like a voice of a male.

"It's broken, remember?" The pit of anxiety that appeared inside me worsen as the guy tried to open the other door.

What greeted me after the door opened was. . . .Mayor Montefalco? How is he alive?

"Who are you?" I ignored his question, just staring at him, puzzled by how is he alive that I didn't know I uttered the exact same words.

"How are you alive?" He copied my expression, "A question is followed by an answer, not another question" someone behind him said.