Capitolo Ventisette

"Mama! Daddy!" Danny ran up to hug us as we finally returned home. We weren't able to say goodbye to him before we went to the hospital because he was taking his afternoon nap.

"Where's the baby?" He asked peering up at us with expectant eyes. "Right here," Domenico said looking down at the sleeping bundle wrapped in a light blue blanket.

"Can I play with him?" Daniele asked as he held up a toy airplane. "Not yet he's still too small," I gently smiled at Danny. Poor Daniele was confused why his parents were doting on his little brother instead of agreeing to everything he said. It was something new he would have to get used to.

I took Christian to his new nursery and laid him down in his crib. Giovanna organized all of his clothes and toys while we were gone, it was a relief knowing I didn't have to do that once I got home from the hospital.

"I have to go Apollonia," Domenico appeared in the doorway of the nursery running a hand through his hair. "Why? We just got home!" I said.

"I'm busy," he said with a sigh.

"Fine," I answered shortly getting pissed off that he would miss the first day of his son being home.

"I'll be back soon," he planted a kiss on my lips before heading out. It was annoying that Dom couldn't spare a few hours to spend with his newborn son, I mean I know that he has a job to do but I don't want Christian and Daniele to suffer because of it.

Domenico didn't come home until close to midnight when the kids and I were already asleep. I woke up and his side of the bed was undone but he wasn't anywhere to be found.

I was surprised that Christian was actually able to sleep through the whole night without crying so I went to check on him. There I found my newborn baby boy snuggled up to his father's chest while Dom gazed down at him lovingly. It was hard to imagine that this was the same man who murdered and tortured people that got on his bad side. I didn't want to interrupt, so I went to Daniele's room so I could give him his breakfast.

"Good morning Danny," I picked him up and cradled his still sleepy body.

I took him downstairs to feed him and soon Domenico joined us with Christian who was now wide awake.

Daniele became distracted and began to gently pet the fuzzy hair on Christian's head. It was nice to have our little family so happy.