Chapter 163

Tommy looked down at her with a hollow heart. "I-I could pull you up! Grab my hand-" Tommy got cut off as Aimsey shook her head. "Timothy, I can't, there's not enough time-" Aimsey tried to say but was cut off by a small crash in the distance.

    "Oh, come on! Someone needs to stop overloading the shelves!" A muffled voice said angrily, and another voice groaned. "You guys can clean it up, I'll go check on all the prisoners." The second voice said, and soon Tommy heard steps getting closer to their cell. Tommy looked down at Aimsey desperately, but she just looked at him sadly with a small smile.

    "Timothy?" She asked, and Tommy nodded. "Yeah?" He asked as a small lump started to form in his throat. "Could you promise me something?" She asked, and Tommy nodded with a small smile. "Anything." He said. "Promise you'll come back for me? Even if it takes days or months, could you come back?" She asked softly, and Tommy nodded.

"I promise."

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    I unlocked the door and walked inside as I made sure to shut the door behind me. "I'm home!" I said as I kicked my shoes off and neatly set them on the shoe rack. "Welcome back." A voice said coldly and I froze.

    "Oh... Hi... Wilbur..." I said slowly as I slowly turned around to face him. "Where did you go?" Wilbur said and I looked at him as a small smile grew on my face. "You won't believe it!" I said, my voice as happy as a monotone voice could be. The happiness was there, but it was still monotone as usual. Wilbur raised an eyebrow as he looked at me.

    "Really? Do you think your story will make up for why you took this long to get home?" Wilbur asked as he pointed at the clock. My eyes widened as I realised how much time had passed. Work had ended three hours ago. I mentally shrugged and looked back at him.

    "As a matter of fact, yes. Yes, I do." I said, and Wilbur hesitated but turned around and motioned for me to follow. "Sit." He said as we arrived at the living room. I sat down on a comfortable sofa and he did the same. "Now, Techno..." Wilbur said as he pushed his glasses back up on his nose. "Explain." He said. I thought about saying something witty, but in the end, I just ended up saying three plain words.

    "I met Niki," I said plainly, and Wilbur nodded. "Valid excuse." He said. A voice burst into laughter, but I muted them and looked at Wilbur as his eyes widened. "WAIT, NIKI?!" He said as his eyes lit up. I smiled slightly and nodded. "Yup. Niki." I said, and I watched as excitement destroyed Wilbur's stern expression. "WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, HOW, AND WHY?!" He said excitedly.

    "Me and Niki, we met up, when I left you and Dad and lunch, at Niki and Bad's Cafe, I realised that Niki might be at Niki and Bad's Cafe because she loved baking and wanted to start her own bakery, and because I wanted to make sure it was true and I missed her," I answered as I leaned back. Wilbur nodded with a smile. Wilbur's excitement wasn't a surprise, to be honest. Niki had been one of his best childhood friends. A voice started talking with confusion clear in their voice.

   "Did he just answer the five W's and one H without breaking a sweat?" The voice said, and another voice answered. "It's Techno. What did you expect?" The voice said, and I muted them with an eye roll. Wilbur nodded slowly as he processed the information.

    "Okay, got it." He said and then looked at the stairs. "I'm going to my room, okay?" He said, and I nodded. "'Kay," I said, and later I decided I wanted to go to my room too. I opened my door and plopped down on my bed. The day's events replayed in my head and smiled.

Meeting up with Niki after so long was definitely a good thing.