Chapter 188

Bee turned around and looked at Benson. "What," Ender said, staring at the frustrated duck hopping around on the door. Bee laughed and Ender groaned. "If Benson wants it, he'll get it," Bee said, and Tommy laughed. He walked forward and pet Benson, who quacked and nuzzled into his touch. Tommy grinned.

    "Bee spoils you way too much, Benson," Tommy said and he felt something hit him in the back of his head. "OW!" He yelled and whipped around to see an amused Bee. "I heard that!" He said and Tommy scoffed and rolled his eyes.

    "What did you even hit me with?!" Tommy said, looking around to see the object he was assaulted with. He picked up a diamond which was lying on the floor next to him and stared at Bee with a deadpan face, who smirked back.

    "You assaulted me with a diamond. You assaulted me with a diamond?!" Tommy said and Ender rolled his eyes. "Of course not! I assaulted you with my beauty!" He said and Tommy stared at Ender.

    "What has gotten into you," Tommy said, pinching the bridge of his nose with a long exhale. Bee, however, grinned at Ender. "I don't know, but I like it." He said and Ender's cheeks took on a light shade of purple.

    "Simp," Tommy muttered and he felt something hit him in his head again. "What the shit." He groaned and turned around to see Ender behind him with an annoyed face. "Seriously, you're just jealous." He said and Tommy felt his heart drop as he realised something.

    Ender was right. At first, he thought he was just being protective of Bee, but now he realised it was really just jealousy in disguise. Tommy realised his expression was an expression of realisation so he quickly changed it so Ender wouldn't realise it. Ender smirked. "Don't worry, I'll flirt with you too, Tommy~" He said, his tail swishing back and forth as he batted his eyelashes.

    This time it was Ender who got hit in the head with a diamond. Ender just laughed and patted Tommy's shoulder as he got up. "It's fine, Tommy." He said and Tommy rolled his eyes and looked at Benson. "Benson, that's too hea-" The door started floating before he could finish his sentence. He smiled slightly and didn't even look at Clementine while they vibrated slightly.

    "It's you, isn't it," Tommy said and Clementine laughed, confirming his suspicions. Tommy grinned and petted Benson, who was looking down at the floating door with excitement. He quacked and hopped around happily on the floating door and Tommy laughed. Then he turned around and looked at the towering pile of jewels and a glint appeared in his eye.

    "Wait, Clementine, do you need me to let you go so you can focus or are you fine with me holding you?" He asked and Clementine grew slightly warmer in his hand. "I am fine, thank you." They said happily and Tommy nodded. "However it might be easier for you to move around without me weighing you down." They said and Tommy nodded.

    They didn't have a hint of resentment in their voice, they were stating it in a matter-of-fact tone. Tommy smiled and let go of Clementine, who floated over to Benson and engaged in a conversation with the duck. Tommy looked back at the jewels and grinned.

    In the end, Tommy got a ruby, Ender a black diamond, Bee a gold bar, Clementine a shining piece of lapis lazuli, and Benson the door. Tommy burst into laughter as he watched Benson prance around on the door with a kingly air to him and Bee burst into laughter.

    Tommy grinned and bowed down to Benson. Benson quacked with satisfaction and waddled forward to use his tiny wing to rub his head. Tommy smiled and got up as he watched the tiny duck on the thick golden door.

"I guess if Benson wants it, he really does get it."