Chapter 6: Bitter wind

Eda pov.

The door was kicked down, me, Raine Storm, and King all jumped, but I quickly calmed down after seeing who did the kicking.

"Oh, it's you." I said.

"For the love of God, can you not kick the door down when you come in!?" Rain Storm said.

"MOVE, AMITY'S HURT BAD!" Gus said moving to show everyone behind him.

"Woah, what happened?" I said.

Everyone came inside looking like they've all been thrown off a cliff, only Amity landed on a rock...well rocks. Raine Storm saw her condition and told Hunter and Matt to lay her on the table in the back.

"Ok, Luz what the bloody Hell happened;?" I said grabbing Luz's shoulder and pulling her to the side.

"I was in my cabin so I didn't see everything, but what I did see... Your sister happened." Luz said looking disappointed.

Though I imagine she was disappointed in herself... I made a angry face, full of hatred and sadness towards my sister.

"Lilith..." I said, my voice distorted.

"Ya, I never saw anyone like her, she was able to bring us all down, and well, you see Amity!" Luz said.

"Ya, who the hell told you where to go to find the boat?" I questioned.

"Eda, I doubt he-" I cut Luz off.

"Tell me, now!" I demanded.

"Sigh Morton, he told me where the boat was." Luz responded hanging her head.

"Alright, I'll be back in about twenty minutes." I said turning to leave.

"Eda, it was my fault, I should hav-" I cut Luz off once more.

"No! Never say that, it's never your fault when you fight with your crew, and do your damnedest to protect them!... Ya got that?" I said in a stern voice and raising my eyebrow.

Luz gave a solid face and nodded, after she entered the room to tend to Amity. I left the shop making my way down the muddy, and piss covered street to the tavern Mort works at. My head was angled down, but my eyes were shooting straight up, and I have a furious face that most people on the island knew that they should just go when they saw it.

I kicked in the door to see about three patrons, and a timid Mort at the counter.

"If you don't wanna get caught up in this, leave." I said clenching my fists.

All three men stood and walked out squeezing passed me, which I was still in the doorway.

"Uuuh, W-What can I do for ya Eda? A-Actually I just saw your girl Luz this mor- GAH!" Mort said as I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulling him up close.

"That's why I'm here!" I said dead staring the scrawny man.

"O-Oh, uh... I-I helped her out! J-Just ask her!" Mort said raising up one shaking hand and pointing up his pointer finger.

I dragged Mort over the counter and threw him into one of the many chairs sitting at the one of the many tables. Mort let out a small grunt in pain, I mean wooden chairs hurt, I've been hit with enough to know!

I dragged another chair infront of him and sat casually. I pulled my dagger out which had a small owl at the bottom of the handle, it was my owl claw, due to the blade being in the shape of a talon, and the little owl of course.

I stabbed the blade into the table creating another notch that fitted perfectly in with all the others from the many games of five fingered fillet.

"Ok Mort, tell me why you sent my kids into a death trap?" I said crossing my arms.