Burning flowers.

Karina. 

Datura with droplets dripping down, her nails cut through the stem letting liquid trickle down inside. Rain gushes out, heavy rain travels down her ravish hair forcing it to be ugly and drenched. Fire surely could disappear with only smoke travelling after a few seconds if lit in here, obviously, Karina isn't that dumb enough. 

Her eyes are glued to the droplets flowing down on the window as she silently predicts which one will win the 'race', letting time fly by while she anticipates. 

"What a state to see you like this! Did anything happen while I was resting?" Giselle wore a black raincoat blending in the dark shadows, Karina snapped her neck towards the woman with a smirk smeared on her face. "Didn't think you would be discharged from the hospital so fast... especially when nearly losing your damn vocal cords." 

"But I'm here! I'm here!" she exclaims with excitement, embracing Karina tightly. Karina's breathing catches as her arms encircle her waist, too close for her state of mind, and her arms tighten around her waist. "Okay, let me go." After a few minutes of burning silence, Giselle responds with a tuned hum. "Aren't you happy to see me? I can't wait to soothe your min-" 

"I don't want to damage your vocal cords, darling... you just got released." Slurring her words, she fiddle with her fingers, eyes stuck on them. "Guess I have to stick with old Billy or that colour-blinded freak, I really need more cash tonight... maybe a threesome? What do you think?" 

Ringing silence roams in the air, and Giselle didn't dare to say no more words. She knew how Karina would act if she was extremely annoyed, especially being the victim of her wrath most of the time. 

"Where's Angelo? My kid is waiting for him," The older changes the topic, her eyes looking up exchanging contact with Giselle's. "In the car, I'll get him" in a rush, she strolls to a Skoda superb, Karina scoffs in amusement at why need a spacious car? She has only one kid. 

Poor Ari, waiting for her cute friend in the car with a pouty expression, cheeks squished on the window. 

Karina was shivering, her arms hugging her chest as she waits. Cold sweat travels down to her jaw disguising itself as rain, she groans loudly throwing her head at the sky taking a view of dull clouds towering over her. "Please, hurry up. I'm out of here, I'm going to my car right now." In a hurry, she rushes over with heels stomping on concrete signalling Giselle to trail behind. 

Opening the door she quickly slams it shut, her body slumping on the seat forgetting completely about her Ari. "Mama, what took you so long?" Ari calls out scrunching her face in confusion. 

The moment she was about to reply, the main reason throws herself in the car huffing loudly. "Can't believe you ditched me, us in the rain! Karina what the fu-"

"Don't swear around the kids or else I'll make you lose your voice permanently." The woman squeezes her hand, nails brushing against her skin making Giselle lose her breath. 

"Angelo! Share this blanket with me, let's play among us when we go to my house!" The two comfortably rest on the seats chatting about random things such as video games or food, anything that comes up in their small minds. While the adults were in tension, a tension where it would not go away soon. 

"Sorry for you know, swearing." 

Karina slips out a breathless laugh, "buckle up, you're pissing me off the more you talk with that dirty mouth." 

Giselle lets out an extending breath, her lips tugging up slightly. Windows blurry, some windows full of stars and hearts, a few smiley faces. Her window is blank, only blurry. Karina is just like that, her true identity reveals itself as you wipe off the blur. It infuriates Giselle, as she's used to more open guys, but Karina is just the opposite. Giselle knew so much about her, even if there was so much more to discover about her. 

Secrets hidden everywhere in their friend group, Giselle felt too out of place. The odd one out of them, it's a horrible feeling. 

"Sorry, Yu." 

"In the most disrespectful way possible, shut up."