Rose blooming in chaos.

Karina.

Jazz music was flowing out of the trumpet's tube, silencing everyone's screaming to those around. Anger, and deep hatred surrounding a peacemaker, the whole situation shows how the world is. Karina slumps on the seat; she barely ever goes on a train. Sometimes she hates it and sometimes she loves it. Never in between, but this time Karina had mixed feelings toward the whole overwhelming atmosphere. 

Months later, after that encounter... Karina never bothered to interact with Minjeong except if necessary. That whole encounter intrigued her to rethink all her decisions with that woman. Was she doing everything well? Could she be able to cope with Minjeong's tactics? How can she leave Ari out of this? What would happen if this and that? Karina has no clue left in her desolate mind. 

Snapping into reality swaddled around her, her eyes made a vain attempt to explore the whole environment. Examining peoples' faces covered with masks was so futile, every little thing out of the ordinary fascinated her bored brain. 

Something caught her bitter eyes, someone else's eyes. So familiar, Karina is amazed she could remember a person's bare eyes other than important tasks. How bizarre. 

As she scrunches her eyebrows, squeezing her body together, her sweaty hands land on her knees rubbing them. Besides how uncomfortable she felt in her gut as the person's intense gaze glimpsed upon her, she felt a mass amount of relief washing over her. 

Why were that woman's eyes so comforting and intense? 

Karina couldn't sigh, it felt disgusting if she tried it under a mask. Staying silent, her ears perked up on the sensational music around her; it was truly beautiful. It just urges her to go on public transportation more, to see mini performances going on inside them, especially jazz. 

An old woman came by— accompanied by another man who appeared older— maybe her husband? Who knows. The pair was struggling to walk between the commotion, so, Karina knew she had to give up her seat. Standing up she signalled the two, especially the lady to sit down. (Which the old lady gladly did). 

The unknown woman beside her stood up grasping the metal pole next to her, holding it so tightly nerves were starting to become visible from afar. Karina had no choice but to hold the same pole; it wasn't that awkward as the two were too busy on the ruckus displayed in front of them. 

Unfortunately, the music cut off, making an eerie sound unpleasant to the ear. Karina stumbled herself into that woman's arms, she didn't know whose arms they were in but— it was awfully cosy. Her vision was blackened, as she hesitantly opened her eyes... her eyes greet the woman's masked face who was stifling a burst of small laughter. 

"You shouldn't be holding my arms for dear life, it's not that bad." Karina's eyes are dialeted, snapping into her usual self she pulls away in a rush, distancing herself away. "Minjeong," she whispers, but Minjeong couldn't grasp what she said since the mask was bordering it. 

Either way, Minjeong is smart enough to get the hint that she said something aimed at her. 

Minutes pass and the jazzy music is back! Karina's body almost collapses onto the metal pole, her manners disappearing away. Draping her loose, thin coat around her she lazily wrapped her arms around the pole leaving little to no space for Minjeong to grab on. 

"You are selfish, huh?" Minjeong says her internal thoughts out loud, and a scoff rolls off Karina's tongue as a reply. "For you, I will be ill-mannered." 

"That's cute, almost." Minjeong chuckles, her gaze becoming heavier. "How?" Karina asks, her eyebrows knitted together, confused. It was a cute sight for Minjeong, she would've admitted it but it'll boost Karina's HUGE ego, so she forms her mouth into a thin line before speaking again in a flirtatious tone. 

"I don't know, maybe that you said you'll do something so specific just for me is so adorable." The younger woman reasons out, her tone turning more flirty throughout the sentence. She didn't know why she was acting like this, especially towards Karina; maybe the alcohol effect. 

"...being ill-mannered isn't specific," Karina deadpanned, trying so hard to not laugh at Minjeong's dumb flirty act. 

"Just enjoy the music while it lasts," almost sounds like an aggressive demand. Karina would've become offended except she notices the redness infecting the outer areas of her eyes. Hah! I made her embarrassed! Karina thinks to herself, unusually proud of herself. 

She didn't even notice the arguments stopping, she was too focused on the passionate man playing the trumpet. It made a lovely flow, even on a train. 

The two will meet solely on their work shift; which they'll act like nothing occurred on this day. 

(This chapter was based on a video I saw on tiktok... and this chapter is set months later of the encounter in the last chapter!)