Burnt lollipop.

Karina. 

Her lips curved into a small smile. A sweet red lollipop twirled around her tongue, sucking it feeling all the flavours combine into one, one flavour so overwhelming like Minjeong. 

"As if that dumbass has nothing at all against me..." After a slight murmur, her eye fixates on the lollipop she has just taken out of her mouth. "Who are you calling a dumbass?" Unbeknownst to Karina, Sunoo was right behind her witnessing the snarky comments made to herself. 

Swiftly she turns around, her frigid gaze invigorating the drops of sweat forming around Sunoo's forehead. "Not everything is about you and what are you doing here?" Karina's question pressures him, her eyes looking up to greet his soft eyes with her darken ones. 

Even if Karina is shorter, it doesn't equal her to not be terrifying. 

"I just.... happened to be here," Sunoo shyly confesses, it was a half-lie but he wouldn't prefer Karina to know that. It was a pathetic excuse out of a train of thoughts in his mind, usually, the older woman prohibits any type of nonsense someone can say. Today, it was a little different. 

"It's alright," Sunoo's widen eyes tour Karina's face trying to find a hint of sarcasm in her face. No slightly twitched smirks, no eyebrows raised, and surely there will be no smile on that face any soon. "Do you have any cigarettes?" 

Due to the aggressive tone of the question, it appeared to others that Sunoo was being interrogated. Karina may have had serious problems if anyone caught on to the question. Everyone hardly conversed with Sunoo, especially Karina, so how did she have the guts to slap him with such an unprofessional question?

Sunoo pauses, smacking himself on the forehead. Finally, after a few minutes of unbearable silence, he faces Karina using all the courage inside him. "Karina, I thought you quit smoking." A faint whisper slip off his tongue, his eyes soften and Karina's was the opposite.

The two were co-workers for years, their relationship wasn't friendly, but, they didn't act like strangers. He always tries to tune in to Karina's rants that she'll burst out in a small room, firstly, it was only for extra cash. Now, it's different, they're like unofficial friends. Friends who don't interact. 

Karina's eyes were hard, it gave hints to Sunoo that they wouldn't crack soon until a puff of toxic gas tumble out of her mouth.  

"Please, do it for your fans." He pleas, his hands clasped together. 

"Fans...? Do you know how much they humiliated me? They did me worse than the haters, who call someone a 'fan' who brings posters, banners, and whatever in public to prevent me to do something I loved?" Sunoo's nerves are charred by Karina's monotone voice. 

He can't bear Karina's dark gaze all the time. 

"That's why, that's why I'm encouraging you to NOT smoke." 'Not' were big and bold highlighting Karina's point. 

His hand fell over Karina's sleeve, twisting it gently, he was so desperate. Desperate for her to not smoke but why? There must be more reasons other than her immense fame. 

The older woman scrutinizes his face, comprehending what to answer next, to not trigger him. Deep inside, she took a small effort to look after his feelings. Despite his fatigue, Sunoo was just an exhausted guy seeking coins with both hands to pay for his university fees. 

It's the same boring old Kim Sunoo, who doesn't have much special to offer other than his job. 

"Fine, but try flirting with Kim Minjeong then a cigarette will be shoved down your throat." Anger trailed through the older's voice, her strong words clutching onto Sunoo. Ignoring the threat, his lips twine up into a tiny small dismissing his confusion 

"I wouldn't, I promise, but don't smoke. Please, just for me." Sunoo's mouth runs nonstop, and Karina didn't bother to listen to his small meaningless promises that he, himself doesn't know the meaning of. "I'm not doing it for you, I'm just doing it out of guilt."

If Karina wasn't superior to him, she would've had blood gushing out of her the moment she used her insulting mouth against him. 

(SORRY FOR CONFUSING YALL ABT WHEN AM UPLOADING THE CHAPTERS)