Episode 25: Falling Out

*It was a cool but ominous feeling night in Inkopolis Square. The harsh winds blew onto the trees and bushes, shaking the vast power lines across the city. Many Inklings and Octolings have already happily went to bed in their comfy clothes and blankets. Others...aren't. Like the famous duo of Off the Hook, playing video games in their mansion.*

Pearl: Awww, I can't believe you beat me again! I just bought the Squid Jump 2 fighting game DLC this morning, and you already figured out the best strats.

Marina: Well, it isn't exactly hard to figure out once you go into training mode, and study each character's moves, hitboxes, and other platform fighter techniques.

Pearl: ... T-T

Marina: ...B-But I can go easier on you if you want!^^"

Pearl: Nah, you know me 'Rina! I'm always up for a challenge! I'll just keep losing until I figure out how to beat you!

Marina: That's the spirit, Pearlie! *yawn* Oof, it is getting pretty late though...maybe we should head to bed, and play more tomorrow.

Pearl: Whattttt? But I'm not tired! C'mon, one more? Please 'Rina? Please, please, please?

Marina: Hehe, aww you're so adorable, I can't say no...ok, one more!

Pearl: Booyah! Let's do it!

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Pearl: Whazat?

Marina: Huh, at this hour?

Pearl: Better not be a burglar or anything. I remember that weird trio that tried to steal my money hoard a couple weeks ago.

Marina: You stay here Pearl. I'll answer it.

Pearl: Hey, this is my mansion. I'll answer it.

Marina: I'll answer it.

Pearl: I'll answer it.

Marina: I'll answer it.

Pearl: I'll answer it.

Marina: I'll answer it.

*The duo makes their way to the front door.*

Pearl: I'll answer it.

Marina: I'll answer it.

Pearl: I'll answe- Oh look, we're already here. Guess we'll both answer it.

Marina: That's fine by me!

*Pearl opens the door.*

Pearl: Yo, what do you wan- HUH!?

Crystal: ...Hi...

Marina: CRYSTAL!? What are you doing here!

Pearl: You don't look so good, 8...are you ok...?