14

~ Isabelle ~

~ Isabelle ~

Whatever this was it wasn't what I expected.

At all

I could feel my heart thumping through my chest as the loud chatter of the crowd fills my ears. I didn't know there was a dress code, but it seemed like everyone else did.

Nearly every student in the student section had been dressed top to bottom in white, except for me who apparently didn't get the memo.

I tighten my grip around my backpack strap as I move to the empty spot in a bleacher centered at the front where only a couple other students had been sitting,

I was still in my uniform. There was no point going back to change, especially with the amount of time it took to walk to the estate and back, I'd be exhausted.

The sound of horns suddenly sound and the bleachers boom with cheers as the players from our school run out onto the field.

My eyes instantly try to find the number four, the same number that had been all over Ace's room when I'd went to clean it.

As soon as I find the number I feel my eyes lock in on his figure. I hadn't realized how good he looked in a football uniform.

I couldn't help the small smile reach my face at the thought of him inviting me here again. It was pathetic, I know, but no one's asked me such a thing before.

It made me happy.

I never really understood football, but after the second quarter I could understand bits and pieces. I figured a while ago that Ace had been good, really good, and had already scored multiple times for the team.

I tried focusing the rest of the game, but it failed terribly.

I couldn't help but feel the guilt building in my stomach for not being at work. I knew it was risky, I knew that money was important and I'd just left it to watch a game. I acted like my life was normal, which It wasn't. And it wouldn't be for a long time until I could pay back my mothers debt.

My fingers clasp around my phone tightly when I hear a message notification, ringing through my ears.

I didn't have anyone's number.

Except for Andrew.

' Time is running out soon, if I don't have my money you're dead.'

The message sent goosebumps all over my body. It's like every sound around me had completely blocked out, everything only sounded like a painful ringing im my ear.