44

~ Isabelle ~

~ Isabelle ~

I was wide awake

My body was used to waking up extra early for school, but obviously Caden's wasn't. His arm was tightly wrapped around my lower waist, pushing my back against his chest.

He was sound asleep, and wasn't going to let go anytime soon. I try elbowing him away, but he just grumbles something I can't understand.

I couldn't deny it, the fact that I slept better near Caden. Maybe it was the way his arm felt around me, or the way he made me feel safe.

Maybe it was just him.

My back was faced towards him, so I had to be extra cautious with my movements to escape.

" I'm going to be late for school." I grumble, freezing when he suddenly moves his face to rest between my neck and collarbone.

" Me too." He replies lowly, causing his lips to slightly graze over my skin as he speaks. I try my best to ignore how hot my body had gotten just by his lips touching my skin on accident.

" You're always late though, it's not the same." I say, adjusting my body carefully so I'm facing him now. I thought seeing him face to face would make it easier to not get so many weird thoughts in my head.

It doesn't help, especially since I didn't expect him to be shirtless of all things.

Caden slowly opens his eyes, looking over my face before making eye contact with me.

" Good morning angel." He smirks, catching me off guard. I flush red, finally pushing his arms off when he loosens his grip on me.

" I...I'm going to go get ready for school." I stumble out, quickly grabbing my box that held the present from Caden and Ace inside of it.

I open the door, only to feel my heart drop to my stomach when I'm suddenly facing Mrs. Agosti. She looks back at me curiously while holding a tray of breakfast in her hand.

This looked wrong didn't it

" Mrs Agosti, I swear it's not what it looks lik-" My words are cut short when I feel Caden's presence behind me. He just made the situation worse, especially since he was shirtless on top of it all.

There's no saving me from this one

I'm done for.

" I knew something was up with you two." Mrs. Agosti says to herself. She gives me a soft smile and hands me the breakfast tray.

I stand there in shock, not able to move as I hold the tray in my hands. I only watch as Mrs. Agosti walks away, hoping with everything in me that she didn't take what she saw the wrong way.

Who am I kidding.

My eyes follow Caden's hand when he takes a waffle from the tray and eats it, not caring at all about what just happened.