Fifth

Somewhere in Seoul...

A girl was walking in the middle of the road. She was wearing headphones and playing the song 'Butter' by BTS. As she was walking slowly through the road, she hummed a few chords of the song.

"Smooth like butter, like a criminal undercover..."

It was late at night and she was returning from a friend's birthday party. She was vibing with the song a little. Too much alcohol had made her a bit tipsy.

Suddenly a sound made her come to a halt. She turned around to see what's happening. It looked like someone just closed a shop. She again started to walk and hum.

"A side step, right-left to my beat..."

After a while she felt like someone is following her. She stopped the song and turned around. But there was no one. The road was completely empty and not a single soul could be seen.

She gulped and opened her headphones and put it inside her bag. She searched in her bag for her pepper spray. She clutched the bottle in her hand and turned around to walk towards her destination.

She was breathing heavily as she was feeling paranoid. She started walking faster still clutching the pepper spray in her hand. Suddenly she flinched at her phone ringing.

Her heart was beating fast and she tried to calm down. Her throat was dry and she gulped down her saliva to wet it. She took out her phone to see who was calling. She immediately calmed down after seeing her boyfriend's name. She smiled a little and picked up the phone.

"Hello" She said.

"Hey love! Have you reached home yet?" The enthusiastic voice of her lover made her chuckle.

"No babe. I'm walking towards home. I'll reach in fifteen more minutes" She said.

"Still fifteen minutes love?" His voice was concerned, "Shall I come to pick you up? It's quite late..."

"Don't worry babe...I'm fine" She reassured him, "You do one thing...let's talk on call till I reach home...ok?"

"Ok love" He said. Then they started talking about different things. The girl was so indulged in talking that she forgot her paranoia.

"Haha...yeah, and then you remember what Susan told her?" She asked her boyfriend while laughing.

"Yes of course!" He said, "And what about-" He was cut off by his girlfriend.

"What the fuck!" The girl shouted.

"What happened love?!" The boy started to panic.

"Oh it's nothing" The girl said, "It's just that the street lights went off...a power cut maybe..."

"You know what love..." Her lover said, "I'm coming to pick you up. Just wait for me"

"But babe-" The girl could not complete her sentence when her boyfriend already cut the call.

She sighed and put her phone inside. She just stood there waiting for her boyfriend. There was no other choice because if her lover told that he's coming, then he's coming. So it's better to wait for him.

Suddenly her paranoia came back. She could feel the presence of someone but could not see anyone as it was very dark. She took out her pepper spray and kept it ready for anytime.

Suddenly the lights came back. She looked around to find no one. She sighed at her foolishness. Maybe she's watching too many thrillers these days.

She took out her phone and was going to dial the number of her boyfriend when someone tapped her on her shoulder.