Chapter 15

Quinn

So, yeah. I'm sitting at a table with the terror bringers, dark shadows of the galaxy, men who don't exist, drinking a beer. My hand shakes around the glass bottle, and I gratefully quench my dry mouth. The other knight at the table, who I've just learned is Ap'lek, is now sitting across from me at the table with Kuruk at the head. They drink their own beers, entirely relaxed in their familiar environment. I'm still waiting to be beheaded.

"So, Quinn, is it?" The handsome man across from me stares at me over the top of his beer.

"Yes," I answer quietly.

His eyes narrow. "How did you and the commander start fucking?"

My cheeks blush for the dozenth time since I've been in this room. I open my mouth to try to form an answer, but a blastdoor behind me opens. My head jerks around as my breath catches in my throat. While it doesn't look like danger is imminent, I don't trust that for a second. The really beefy one walks out of his room wearing the same black shirt and tight gray pants as Kuruk. His muscles bulge, and his eyes dart to me right away.

Only when his gaze moves on to Kuruk do I find myself able to breathe again. "I thought First Order was off limits."

Kuruk smirks a little before answering him. "Quinn doesn't count."

The big guy's brows shoot up as his attention returns back to me. "An exception?"

I shrug under his scrutiny. He goes to the kitchen and passes by the droid to get himself a beer.

"Answer my question," Ap'lek demands.

I swallow, and try not to watch the big one as he pulls a chair out to sit down next to me, scraping the metal chair legs on the metal floor. "Um... well... we had a contract." My voice feels so much smaller than the confident men around me.

The big one stares at me in confusion as he takes a long drink. Kuruk is staring at me too, but with a deep frown. "He forced you?"

My stomach drops. "No! No, definitely not." Wait, why the fuck am I defending him? He walked out on me. I clear my throat. "He just presented me with an offer, and I took it. It was fun for a while, but..." My voice drops off to nothing.

The big one next to me gives me an incredulous look. "What the fuck is going on here?!"

I suck in a breath, my face dark red, and I look him in the face for the first time. Which is hard, because like I said, these guys are all disturbingly hot. My voice rushes out in one quick breath. "I had a sex contract with the commander, and now it's over, but..." I lose steam again.

His jaw drops. Ap'lek laughs across from me. "You must have got tired of listening to him whine and cry all the time, and now you're looking for some actual fun."

Damn, these guys really don't respect their leader. A twinge of guilt worms around in my gut. He would kill me for even thinking about speaking to a knight of Ren, and here I am trying to fuck one. My lips curl a little, but not enough to truly smile. "He didn't cry as far as I'm aware. Never saw his face."

All three jaws are dropped now. Kuruk is the first to speak. "He never took his helmet off?"

I shake my head.

The big one makes a humming huff in his throat. "Probably knows he sucks at going down on a woman."

My whole body flushes. I was always so sure that whatever reason he didn't take his helmet off, it wasn't to hide any sort of lack of skill. Ap'lek laughs, but says, "nah, do you remember that one chick at the casino?"