Chapter 5-Riley

"Riley, please can we talk?"

"No Owen, there is nothing to discuss, now if you will excuse me I am going home."

"Home?" he scoffs.

I feel like I am speaking to a child.

"Yes Owen, home, I have had enough of this bullshit." I gesture my hand around the room.

"Just how do you think you'll be getting there?"

"Obviously I will drive myself and Melissa home, I am sobered up somewhat from this water."

Owen scoffs again.

"Nice try, it doesn't work like that. Come on, let me take you home baby."

Now it's my turn to scoff

"Yeah right, as if I would want to be stuck in your truck with you, listening to you pine after me."

He frowns.

"Riley, I care about you, I could never live with myself if something happened to you, especially over something so preventable."

I know he is just trying to manipulate me. He is pretending to care so he can get me in the truck with him alone, and who knows what he would do. He didn't even mention bringing Melissa.

"Oh really, if you are such a caring guy then are you planning on bringing Melissa too?"

He shifts uncomfortably on his heels. He and Melissa have a very rocky relationship, after she found out he hit me, she got into his shit big time and ripped him a new ass. So to say they don't really like each other would be an understatement.

 "Riley, you know she doesn't like me, besides her car is here, she can sleep off her hangover and drive herself home."

I shake my head at him and cross my arms in front of me.

"See, I knew you were trying to use this to your advantage, getting me alone to plead your case."

I turn around and walk away from him.

"God dammit Rye, you are so fucking stubborn and difficult, why can't you just let me drive you home!" He shouts.

I go back upstairs and find Melissa in the same spot.

"Come on bitch, let's go, I'm good enough to drive now."

She moans in pain but hands me her keys and we walk downstairs to leave.

The party is still in full swing, some girls have even started a strip show up on the table where the beer pong was happening when we first got here, we picked a good time to head out.

Owen is standing by the front door and exasperatingly runs his hands through his hair.

"Riley, I only had 3 beers, and that was hours ago, please let me take you home."

I ignore him fully and we walk out into the now chilly night towards Mel's car.