Chapter 31-Riley

As I lie in bed trying to sleep, I feel the happiest I have in a long time. Tonight was amazing, so much more amazing than I ever could have imagined. My mind keeps replaying it all, Caleb's hands on me, his lips on my neck, the way he felt sliding in and out of me. I need to stop by the drugstore to get an emergency contraception pill, since the second time we didn't have a condom. I probably should buy some condoms too. My mind flashes to Melissa, what am I going to do? I don't want to lose my best friend. I debate texting her, but I don't want to wake her. Fuck it, I text her.

"Hey, hope your appointment went well. Picking me up tomorrow morning?"

She responds within 5 minutes.

"Yeah, it was fine, I'll be there."

"Can you come a little early? I need to stop by the drugstore."

 "Sure, but what for that it can't wait until after school?"

Oh no, well guess I'll have to tell her.

"So me and the mystery man did it last night and I need to get some condoms and a morning after pill."

She doesn't even respond, she calls me.

I step out into the hall to make sure my parents are asleep before I answer.

"Girl, how did you not have any condoms?"

"I had one, but we did it twice."

"Wow, such an animal. How was it?"

Why do I all the sudden feel so shy talking about this stuff to Melissa? I used to always tell her about Owen and I, but for some reason with Caleb it feels different, more intimate and like it should be a secret.

"It was amazing Mel, so much better than it ever was with Owen."

"Wow, you better give me all the details tomorrow, but right now I really need sleep."

"I know, I will, and me too, I'm exhausted."

 She giggles.

"Yeah I bet, after all that sex. Don't worry, I will get there a little early so we can get your supplies."

We tell each other goodnight and then head to bed.

I wake early and dress quickly in some black leggings, an oversized t-shirt and I throw a cardigan on. I quickly do my makeup and scoop my hair up into a ponytail. I brush my teeth and head downstairs. Shit, mom is still home.

"Morning sweetie, what are you doing up and ready so early?"

"Mel is getting me early today, she needs to be there for some class meeting."

"Class meeting? Well don't you have to be there too?" 

God, I really hate how nosey my mom is, it drives me insane.

"No, it's a class she is in that I'm not."

I pour myself some coffee and down it in one gulp.

"Honey, you seem on edge this morning, if something is going on you can tell me."

She places her coffee mug in the sink.

I think of a lie.

"No mom, I am just working on a piece at school and it's one of the hardest ones I have done."

"What is it?"

"Uh, it's a landscape piece."

That actually isn't a lie, I have been drawing a landscape piece of the field around the abandoned house Caleb and I go to. The trees are so beautiful and the grass smells wonderful. When I am there, it feels like home.