i| Hometown

在我们的家乡,我们不是任何人

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🎵🇸🇬 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Hometown

"Where we're from, we're no one

our hometowns in the dark."

Mai Chen had been in and out of hospitals her entire life, spending more time on the white walls than in a classroom

It had started at the age of five when her parents noticed she was breathing in strange patterns. From there, it only got worse. A lot of problems came from her heart and while things were better now, she still suffered from time to time with her heart rhythm. It caused Orthostatic hypotension (which was dizziness and fainting when standing up as a short explanation) from time to time, meaning she'd end up back in the white walls to get everything back under control.

Everyone who knew Mai Chen also knew that she didn't deserve it. Mai was kind and sensitive, someone who was there for you no matter what she was going through herself. Bad things happened to good people but the SiSingaporean never complained about it.

She was used to it, as stressful as it was, and there wasn't much she could do. She tried to live a normal life but it was clear a regular everyday job wasn't going to make the cut for her, knowing she'd be fired in under two months even if she was lucky. It's not like she had rich parents to fund whatever she wanted to do either.

Her mother and father still lived in Singapore and, while she had a very close relationship with them, Mai was never willing to ask them for money. They weren't particularly wealthy, just enough to get by, so Mai had to make her own way in the world.

Admittedly, her parents never thought she would be a professional piano player but they were happy as long as she was. Of course, they'd wanted her to strive for something a little more stable, like a doctor or lawyer, but it wasn't in Mai's best interest to do so.

In childhood, Mai lived with her parents, Chiara and Lee. In the same bustling city, Mai's cousin, Huan, resided with his wife and their young daughter. Despite the two-year age gap between them, Mai and Huan shared a close bond, often likening their relationship to that of siblings. Huan took on the responsibility of caring for his daughter while his wife jet-setted as a busy commercial lawyer, catering to the needs of her international clientele.

Mai ended up in Italy when she received a full scholarship to study at the Milan Conservatory. She chose to stay in Milan due to the networks she had built within the music sector and she learnt to love the country. It's also where she met her friend, who studied alongside her but was now a music blogger.

Mai liked to think her name meant something around Italy, even if it didn't internationally. She was nowhere near 'famous' like she wanted to be when she was younger but she was doing well enough to maintain her lifestyle. Once a month, she gave lectures on the importance of music elements at her old Univesity and it kept her happy.