XV| Oh, Ms. Believer

我会告诉你我爱你

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🎵🇸🇬 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Oh, Ms. Believer

"I will tell you that I love you

But the muffs on your ears will cater your fears"

Mai Chen knew it would be a bad idea, every bone in her body screamed that it was as she made her way up the stairs towards the private club her ex had rented out

Mai Chen knew it would be a bad idea, every bone in her body screamed that it was as she made her way up the stairs towards the private club her ex had rented out. Mai wished she hadn't agreed to it...even if she knew she might need her.

She wasn't ready to face her problems.

She didn't want to.

Maria, someone she'd gone to music school with, was the first person she noticed. She'd barely changed at all other than her long hair being replaced by a buzz-cut and a nose ring now accessorised her face. Maria was always the bubbly one in their friendship group.

"Mamma Mia!" Maria sung. "Mai? Mai Chen?"

Mai nodded softly as Maria grinned, walking towards her at an accelerated pace. Her eyes drifted over the dog and back up to Mai with an odd look on her face.

"Did you go blind?" Maria questioned after seeing 'service' on the dog's harness, not even reading the rest.

"No," Mai laughed. "I didn't. Popcorn is a medical dog for my heart condition."

"Oh, that's sad but the dog is cute," Maria replied. "Come this way, Annabella and Ayko are this way."

The Singaporean knew nothing about Ayko other than the fact the Japanese woman was marrying Annabella. That was it. However, as she got closer, Mai noticed how Ayko was the opposite of what Annabella normally went for; she had white hair, dark eyes and place skin. She seemed slightly moody as she looked around the nightclub even though Annabella was grinning.  

Mai didn't blame Ayko, nightclubs weren't her place either but it surprised Mai that Annabella got with someone who hated them. Annabella adored partying and nightlife outside of music.

"What are you doing these days, Chen?" Maria questioned. "I'm a professional opera singer, you know? Let me guess, you're playing violin in a cute little cafe somewhere living a peaceful life?"

While the words might have seemed harsh, Maria wasn't trying to be. She just had no filter on her words and didn't understand they could be harmful to someone.

"I don't play violin," Mai replied kindly. "I'm a respected Pianist in Milan, I play in all major theatres now and big shows."

"Oh," Maria practically joked. "But you're so...shy."

"When I'm playing the Piano, it feels like—"

"— You're alone and everyone else is just a fly on a wall," Annabella finished.