XiV| Message Man

所以,我要利用这一刻,活在未来

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🎵🇸🇬 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Message Man

"I'm wanted and on the run

So I'm taking this moment to live in the future"

Mai Chen didn't understand why people could claim to love someone when they barely knew them

Mai Chen didn't understand why people could claim to love someone when they barely knew them. How could you love someone you'd never lived with, never shared extremely bad times with or shared life experiences with?

Huan disagreed with her, emphasising that people could fall in love (even if they may be wrong later on) within days of knowing someone...that there was just a certain feeling you got. People could be attracted to personalities and when that happened, they stuck to the people they thought best fit that.

Mai didn't believe him but she agreed to disagree.

She was still in Singapore, staying with Huan for a few days after the race. Pierre had to leave right after the race with his team to Japan for the next race — Mai didn't mind that, she was still processing his words from that night.

"Mai, you're in the tabloids," Came the annoyed voice of Averia.

Groaning at the sound of her sister-in-law's voice, Mai spun around. Of course, Mai knew Averia would be back at some point...Mai just hoped she'd be able to run back to Milan before she did.

"Hello Averia," Mai hummed. "I assumed I would be."

"It's unfair!" Averia growled, slamming her handbag on the table. "I just won a client over ten million dollars and instead, they're talking about you being seen with Pierre Gasly. Who the hell even is that?"

"My friend," Mai replied calmly.

"Your friend," Averia mocked. "I don't care."

Mai shrugged. She didn't want to fight with Huan's wife because if they did, it was likely to end in someone getting their hair pulled out and...it wasn't going to be Mai.

"Luli! I am home, come here," Averia demanded.

Footstepped echoed the Singapore apartment as the dark-haired girl ran towards her mother. Mai would admit that Averia looked glad to see her daughter but it was Luli that was the truly excited one as she squealed. Luli hated that her mother was barely home but Averia had always cared more about work, knowing Huan was a good enough father to deal with the rest.

For Mai, that didn't excuse her absence. She'd purposely had Luli despite knowing she would never be home to raise her daughter, just expecting Huan to take over without anything but a discussion. Luli wanted her mother around but she'd always come in second place.