Vii| Doubt

没有你我一事无成

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🎵🇸🇬 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Doubt

"Even when I doubt you

I'm no good without you"

Mai found September a lot more peaceful than the summer months in Milan

September in Italy still had tourists who wished to avoid the hot weather but the majority of people were at work, school or wished for hotter weather. Mai didn't have anything against tourists and she knew they were just trying to have a good time but a lot of them got in the way or didn't quite understand some of the ways of different cultures.

It also meant that finding a coffee shop where an internationally known racer wouldn't get recognised was nearly impossible. In the end, they settled for somewhere close to where they both lived, the owner of who knew both of them personally so reserved them a table in the corner.

"Hey," Mai greeted as she sat across from Pierre.

"Hi Mai," Pierre returned happily. "How are you?"

"Good," Mai nodded as she made sure popcorn sat down under the table. "Yourself?"

"I'm good," Pierre nodded. "I will get order us drinks, what do you like?"

"Cappuccino please," Mai smiled.

After Pierre had got the drinks and turned, he wasted no time in trying to get to know Mai. She was an odd personality in a way because while she wasn't exactly shy, she wasn't a huge talker. At least, she didn't start the conversation. Pierre didn't mind that, he was a talker.

"Did you grow up in Italy?" Pierre questioned curiously.

"No. I'm from Woodlands, Singapore," Mai admitted. "My parents still live there, my cousin moved to East Coast...and I stayed here."

"Do you prefer it here?" Pierre asked kindly.

"I do not know...It's quieter here but I was happy in Singapore too," Mai explained. "And you? Did you grow up in Italy."

"No, I'm French!" Pierre laughed. "Most people get the accent."

"Oh I'm sorry," Mai's eyes widened.

"No, no, it's good," Pierre assured. "I am happy I am pulling off as Italian."

"When did you move here?"