XViii| House of Gold

你能给我买一所房子吗

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🎵🇸🇬 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : House of gold

"She asked me, "Son, when I grow old

will you buy me a house of gold?"

Chiara and Lee Chen refused to meet Pierre in their flat

Chiara and Lee Chen refused to meet Pierre in their flat. They were moving into a house that was better for them and they wanted to keep their pride — meaning, Pierre wasn't allowed to see the mess of packing boxes but they wouldn't allow Mai and Huan to help.

So instead, Mai had convinced her parents to fly to Italy. It was something they did on the claim that Mai was going to let them come to her concert and stay in her home. Her parents weren't fond of hotel nor the extra money it would cost. Mai didn't mind, she'd had enough flying for the past few months and it was fair on Popcorn either, he needed a break too.

Pierre wasn't the type of person to be nervous which made it a lot easier to deal with for Mai because she knew her parents would judge a nervous person...it was just how they were and Mai knew they'd be more open to someone who was confident. They hadn't exactly been amazing with Annabella and it wasn't because she was a girl, it was because she was nervous around Mai's parents.

Mai just hoped her parents would speak in English around Pierre because they were usually stubborn about catering for others...they believed everyone should know as many languages as possible. 

Despite their stubbornness, Mai knew her parents would treat him with respect. It was a rule in their family that no matter who somebody was, they'd still be treated kindly...unless proven evil.

"Mai!" Chiara Chen exclaimed as she hugged her daughter. "You do not speak to us enough!"

"I'm sorry, I've been so busy!" Mai apologised.

"You are all over the news—" Her mother continued.

"It was hardly the news, just some magazine," Lee corrected, glaring at her wife. "My daughter has been swept up by a man and I don't hear about it right away?"

"I told you I was seeing someone," Mai crossed her arms. "I am not a baby. You keep trying to marry me off, you should be happy!"

"I am happy," Her mother added loosely. "As for other things..."

"Not this again," Lee groaned as he sat down. "Chiara, no. We stopped talking about this."

Mai furrowed her eyebrows and looked between her parents in confusion. 

"I just think it's stupid that they give you a dog instead of actually trying to fix your heart problem!" Chiara argued. "Laziness!"

"Mama, the risk of fixing it is not worth it..." Mai bit her lip. "Not to mention the money, the time and it's just...I don't want to right now."