Xi| Isle of Flightless Birds

这让恶魔和天使有了目的

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🎵🇸🇬 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Isle of Flightless Birds

"That gives the demons and angels purpose

They fly around while we are walking"

Mai Chen felt that life with a service dog had its ups and downs, even if it made her life better overall

Mai Chen felt that life with a service dog had its ups and downs, even if it made her life better overall. It made it difficult to go to certain places that were dog friendly even if they allowed service dogs and trying to manage everyone trying to treat popcorn like a normal dog was exhausting. 

On the other hand, Popcorn allowed Mai to go to places she otherwise wouldn't have and it allowed her outside of the house on her own. She was thankful for everything, including the social worker from the charity who checked up in May too.

Mai had been speaking to Pierre daily all this time. She didn't think much of it, no matter what Sofia said to her. No matter what the blonde said, Sofia couldn't seem to convince Mai that Pierre might possibly have non-friend feelings for her because Mai had already agreed with herself that she wasn't looking for love...that love was just in fairytales and she didn't believe in fairytales.

Why couldn't people just get that a woman and man could be friends? Friends who texted every day, with slight flirting and caring comments. Friends.

The theatre last night didn't change anything for Mai.

Thinking about it to herself, Mai didn't have many friends.

Perhaps that's why she'd never had much fun in her life. Sofia hasn't always been her friend and now she had children to look after; even if her husband was happy for her to go out on trips with Mai, Sofia also had slight attachment issues to her children.

Mai sometimes felt ridiculous that when Pierre asked if she had any plans, she said no. She wondered if it made it seem like she didn't have a life outside her career and Pierre seemed to be the only one to give her one.

"So I was thinking that...you should come with me to Singapore," said Pierre lightly as they walked.

"I'm sorry, what?" Mai turned to him in surprise, stopping dead.

"To Singapore...to come to the race with me," Pierre repeated. "And you get to see your family."

"Pierre, I cannot exactly afford to fly to Singapore right now," Mai mumbled. "And you would not want me around in the paddock with you. I'm a risk."

"You wouldn't be a risk, you have popcorn and I can get you a medical aid," Pierre insisted. "I would cover your flights. Please?"

"But why?" Mai questioned, biting her lip. "We have known each other for once a month, why do you want me to fly across the globe with you?"