Viii| Morph

我会变身为别人

●▬▬▬▬▬ ⋆🎵🇸🇬 ⋆ ▬▬▬▬▬●

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Morph

"If I keep moving, they won't know

I'll morph to someone else"

When Mai Chen was asked if she wanted to go out and explore the fun things in life, she wasn't convinced it was a safe idea

When Mai Chen was asked if she wanted to go out and explore the fun things in life, she wasn't convinced it was a safe idea. In fact, she wasn't even sure what "fun things" were supposed to mean. There was something deeply unsettling about the unknown, especially for someone like her, who already had enough troubles in everyday life.

How was she supposed to enjoy herself when her mind was constantly preoccupied with concerns about her safety and the safety of her dog, Popcorn?

Her friend Sofia had been adamant that Mai wasn't really living at all if she refused to embrace fun for the sake of safety. The harsh reality, however, was that Mai could never be truly safe due to her medical condition. The unpredictability of life loomed over her like a shadow, and as long as she avoided extreme activities—like jumping off cliffs or anything that might trigger a heart attack—she knew she needed to make the most of the life she had.

In her mind, Mai had done something wise by avoiding any online searches about the man she had met at the coffee shop. She had no desire to know anything about Pierre Gasly from the internet; she understood all too well how distorted news stories could be. She wasn't interested in that kind of noise.

"You went for coffee? That's so cute!" Huan exclaimed through the phone, his voice brimming with enthusiasm. "I'm rooting for you—"

"No, Huan, I'm not looking for that," Mai complained, her tone tinged with exasperation.

On the other side of the FaceTime call, Huan was clearly enjoying himself, teasing Mai while his daughter, Luli, danced around in the background, her little feet tapping out a joyful rhythm on the floor.

"You need to live a little!" Huan insisted, his grin almost visible through the screen.

"No, Huan, I'm not looking for that," Mai repeated, her frustration growing.

"I know, I know," Huan replied, his smile softening as he saw the seriousness in Mai's eyes. "But he's nice though, right?"

Mai paused for a moment, her thoughts swirling.

"Yes, he's lovely," she admitted, almost reluctantly.

"Luli, tell your Aunt Mai that you don't want her to be lonely," Huan prompted his daughter, his tone playfully conspiratorial.

Luli bounced over to the camera, her eyes wide and sparkling, and waved enthusiastically at her Aunt Mai. Despite her desire for Huan to stop teasing, Mai couldn't deny that Luli was adorable, no matter what she did.