30:

Disclaimer: The rights to the Harry Potter franchise are reserved for J.K. Rowling and Warner Bros.
———————————————————
Since the meeting a few weeks had passed, the formal apology to House Bones had became headline news for everyone. Each speculating for the reason for the public apology. He kept tight lipped, it still didn't stop those from asking. He glanced over towards Susan, she look annoyed, probably from the same constant questions, but she hadn't said anything about the apology ether. Since the meeting he had focused on his schoolwork and coordinating with Ranguss to set up a meeting with Lord Malfoy.
It was currently set for this weekend, Saturday at noon, in Malfoy Manor. To be honest he wasn't looking forward to this meeting, for sure he was going to fight no holds barred for Lucelle to be betrothed to him. Unfortunately, Lord Malfoy will be able to ask for anything because no matter what he wasn't leaving till he had a betrothal contract. *sigh*  He didn't know how loud the sigh was but it drew the attention of the few whom were watching him.
"Lance, are you okay? What's wrong?"
'Damn' He caught Lucelle's attention, she was sitting next to him at the dinning table. He's been able to block her from his thoughts lately, he's been practicing occlumency to be able to keep things from their connection. He didn't want his stresses and depressing thoughts clouding their bond. She didn't deserve have them flooding into her psyche from him disrupting or distracting her.
"Nothing important Lucy, just getting prepared to face your father."
He had told her prior of his impending meeting.
"Hmm, everything will be alright in the end. *she kisses my cheek and hugs into my arm* Remember we're always with you and that your mine no matters."
*smiling and shaking my head lightly*
I don't know what I ever did to deserve all this, no matter how chaotic it became.
*kissing the top of her head*
"I know Luc, I know."
'God this woman'
She could say so little but mean so much. She could always calm me and my thoughts. Looking down at my plate I found that my appetite faded, pushing the untouched plate away, I glanced at Lucy.
"I need to go to my study, you coming with or staying here?"
"Here, you go ahead. I want to talk to Penelope before bed."
*nodding and kissing her cheek*
Walking out the door to my study, I have a lot to do before Saturday.