Part 12

Pearl stood at the gate of Peverell manor waiting for the Aurors to arrive so she could let them on the property. Pearl wished that she could have been with her Diamond but she knew that her being here to keep an eye on the Aurors as they looked over the grounds was important, she was proud and honored that her Diamond trusted her with such an important task.

She vowed not to let her diamond's trust be misplaced. Pearl looked up when she heard the tell-tale sounds of several people apparating just outside the gate. Pearl smoothed out her skirt and walked to the gate to open it.

Pearl was disguised as a human so her skin was light brown, her hair was dark brown and her eyes were a simple hazel. Pearl had her hair up in a bun while wearing a pencil skirt, simple high heels, tights, and a dark green blouse.

Pearl opened the gate and stepped out to greet the Aurors.

There was Madam Bones, of course, she was here to help search for the "missing" Potter's daughter, there were two more Aurors with her. One had a heavily scarred face with a fake eye spinning in all directions and a peg leg. Pearl had heard of him, he was called Mad-Eye-Moody, She was thankful that Goblin Glamours were one thing that Moody's eye couldn't see through. Not that he knew that of course, only the Goblins themselves knew it.

The second man had dark skin and wore Navy Blue robes, he had no hair on top of his head so he covered it with a small hat. This man was Kingsley Shacklebolt.

Pearl nodded to both of them, keeping a blank look on her face as she turned to Madam Bones, "Good morning Madam, I am Pearl, Lady Peverell's secretary. I am here to keep an eye on the proceedings and make sure you follow the rules."

"And what rules would those be lassy?" Mad-Eye glared at Pearl with his one good eye, Pearl looked at him with a bored face. "There are two main rules for you to follow, number one do not take anything from the grounds. Even if it's something as small as a pebble you do not take it, everything on these lands belong to Lady Peverell, she made sure to deliver anything the Potter's may have left behind earlier this morning. If you take anything you will be fined and charged with theift."

"The second rule is that you if I tell you to do something then you listen, if I tell you not to touch something then you do not touch it, there are things on these grounds that are enchanted to harm anyone that is not of Peverell Blood or Magic if they touch them. Some will only give you a light zap as a warning while others may harm you severally, this rule is in place to keep you safe while searching the grounds."

Mad-Eye scowled but found that he couldn't argue with the two rules being put into place, it was true that Lady Peverell had a right to stop people from taking something from her lands even if it was a stupid rock. The second rule was something he couldn't find fault with either, sure he hated that there were things in this place that would harm someone if they touched them, a lot of enchanted things that did that were classified as dark after all and made illegal.

Mad-Eye knew though, that if the enchantment was just to keep people that weren't family from touching them then it was legal. It was just an enchantment made to stop others from stealing family heirlooms from others, he couldn't argue against it since he had several things enchanted like that himself.

As long as the enchantment didn't kill anyone then it was safe to use the enchantment on your things.

Looks like he couldn't take something for Dumbledore to use to help track Lady Peverell now. Dumbledore believed that since Lady Peverell wouldn't allow the Potters back into the Manor that she must be living in it instead and he wanted to be able to find out when she was outside of the manor so he could convince her to welcome the Potters back into the family. He also wanted to find out who she was and try to pair her up with one of his followers.